Chapter 5

Chris to the right (drool!) ---> 

Chapter 5

"Class, I hope you're prepared for your test," Mr. Sloan walked down the aisles, slapping down the test paper on each person's desk.

My desk was at the back of the class, and when he passed me the paper, Mr. Sloan shot me a warning look. "Sawyer, if you get anything less than eighteen out of thirty, you will fail. You've done badly for the previous tests."

"I'll try not to, sir," I gulped. My palms were sweaty and my heart was thudding loudly in my chest. I couldn't fail. I had never gotten lower than a B-minus in any subject, and if I failed, my parents would kill me and I would kill myself.

Besides, I was sending in my application to Columbia University at the end of next week, and they probably would look at my results from this test.

"Good luck, Sawyer," Mr. Sloan said to me before heading back to the front of the class to announce that we could begin the test.

The test was actually pretty easy to me. I could answer almost every question on the test paper, and I sort of guessed the remaining question that I didn't really understand. Using the simple tips Chris had given me yesterday, I applied them during the test.

I was the fourth to finish in class. The other three students were math whizzes, and they had already left the classroom after passing their worksheets to our teacher. Was I to do that too?

I scanned the test paper, checking my working. It all seemed alright, so I stood up from my desk and made my way to Mr. Sloan.

"I'm done, sir." I placed the test paper on his desk, and my slightly-balding teacher turned to look at me. Ugh, he reminded me of a hippo.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Sloan inquired, looking at me in disbelief. Was he doubting me? That was really rude, and I felt slightly annoyed at him.

"Yes, I'm done," I grounded my teeth together to refrain from snapping at Mr. Sloan. Oh, how I hated all the teachers in this school. They were the worst.

Mr. Sloan was the kind of teacher that loved seeing pain. He would grade a test in front of a student, and then pass it back to them. Sadist.

He shot me another one of his 'I-think-you're-going-to-fail' looks. Then, he sighed and picked up my test paper.

I hopped impatiently from one foot to the other while waiting for him. Oh gosh, Mr. Sloan sure liked to take his own sweet time to prolong my torture.

Finally, it was over. Mr. Sloan shot me another one of his infamous looks, and grudgingly handed me my test paper. It was about time. I took it back slowly, and took a peek at the top of my paper.

Written on it was an A. Holy cheese melts. I stared at it for maybe a few minutes, before I started looking through the paper. It was mainly filled with ticks, instead of the usual crazy red circling and crosses.

"What the-" I started.

"Please leave the classroom before going crazy. Students are still taking their tests," Mr. Sloan cut me off, "Sawyer, good job by the way."

I managed to keep my excitement within me for the thirty seconds I had to walk to the door and open it. The moment the door closed behind me, and I stepped out of the classroom, I let out a huge squeal.

"Oh my gosh!" Not only did I squeal, I jumped around like a bunny too. It must've been quite a sight to see. Six foot one girl jumping around the corridor; who couldn't resist?

Deciding that I needed to credit the person who helped me achieve such an outstanding grade, I took my phone out from the right pocket of my pleated skirt. I searched through my contacts, and pressed on the button to call him.

It took about three rings, and then, he picked up.

"Hello?" Chris answered with that attractive voice he had.

"Chris! You were right! I got an A on it," I told him excitedly, "Oh gosh. Thank you so much, I've never gotten an A in math in my whole life before. Well, other than kindergarten and elementary school."

"That's great!" Christopher said, "I knew you could do it."

"Well, I had a great tutor," I laughed. Was this considered flirting?

"Nah, it was your super math skills. Maybe just seventy percent of it was from me," Chris teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Great to know that thirty percent was just my own work. It's a huge boost to my ego," I drawled sarcastically.

"I'm just kidding."

"I know." I snorted in a very un-ladylike fashion. "Hey, I want to treat you to coffee, as a thank you for your help."

"Sure," Chris agreed, "I'll check my schedule and get back-"

"Christopher! Pay attention to me when I'm speaking!" A slightly muffled voice cut Chris off mid-sentence. "Are you on your phone?"

"It's just a fitting, Mother." Chris's husky voice changed a hundred and eighty degrees, into a steely and cold tone. "And you've already said this six times."

"You will not mess up my fashion show. This show is important, not only for me, but for your sister as well. She has designed many of the pieces for this season's collections," Chris's mother warned.

"Name one time I messed up a fashion show," Chris snapped back at her. I was a little shocked at his disrespect towards his mother.

"The 2010 Fall show. You tripped over that model's gown in the middle of the runway, and you ripped her gown."

"Well, it's your problem that your gown is made of such horrible material." Chris must've forgot that I was on the phone. I coughed awkwardly to remind him.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, my mother is just overreacting because the fashion show is in less than three weeks," Chris told me nonchalantly, "She goes into a state of panic, this year especially because of my sister."

"Oh," I pretended to understand what he was saying, "Well, if you're busy, I can text you another time."

"Yeah, I think that is best," He admitted. The both of us then bid each other a quick goodbye, and I hung up.

Him doing his fitting for the fashion show reminded me of something I'd never done; I'd been trying to remember to check Christopher Prince out on youtube, and watch his runway walks. It was a perfect time to do it now, since I was let out fifteen minutes early, and almost no one was in the hallway.

I quickly went onto the Youtube app, and typed in Prince Fall Fashion Show 2010, the one that Chris had apparently made a mess of himself in. A milisecond later, a gazillion videos popped out, most of them titled 'Christopher Prince Runway Slip-Up 2010' and I picked the first one that was about three minutes long.

An emcee stood at the side of the runway, and he announced the casual fall collection for 2010, Conspicuous.

Then, a strong and steady beat started, and a blonde bombshell stepped out onto the runway. Her hair was pulled into a a loose fishtail braid to the side, and she wore a bright yellow maxi dress under a maroon trench coat. Her face face was blank, and her brown eyes stared into almost nothing as she sashayed down the runway.

When she was halfway done with her catwalk, another model stepped out. After a few moments, I realized that it was Chris. However, instead of his messy hairstyle, his hair was gelled up into a quiff, and he wore coral shorts with a striped polo shirt. On his head, a golden crown with gems was fitted snugly.

When he was had finished his walk, the camera zoomed in on him as he tripped and stepped on the next model's dress. The brunette model's long, auburn dress looked like it was made of fragile paper, and it seemed like she was unsteady on her feet. It was no surprise when he stepped on it, and almost all of her skirt was ripped off, revealing her mile long legs.

The scene was repeated in slow-mo once again, zooming in on the shocked expression on the model's face as her tiara tumbled off her tied up hair, and the empty and cold expression on Chris's face. I bet that it must've blown up on the gossip sites.

"What's up your butt?" My best friend slammed her arms on my shoulders, shaking me violently out of my train of thoughts.

"Excuse me?"

"You look like your parrot pooped on you," Siobhan stated cheekily, "No offence."

I ignored her statement, jumping straight to my point. "Hey, you didn't tell me about this three years ago," I showed her the title of the video.

"Uh, yes I did."

"Nuh uh."

Siobhan glared at me. "What made you bring this up anyways? Did you have a chat with your celebrity boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend, but yeah. It was awkward, beacuse he got scolded by his mother while he was talking to me. Apparently, he was at a fitting for the fashion show," I shrugged and told her.

"Are you talking about the 2013 Winter Show?" Siobhan asked eagerly, rubbing her hands together with glee, "Oh my gosh! I need to go and watch it! It's important!"

"Why is it," I used my fingers to quote, "Important?"

Siobhan sighed loudly. She shook her head in mock disappointment, before pinching me with her sharp nails. "Firstly, the winter show is the most exciting of the four shows she has every year," She started, "Secondly, this year is Callista Prince's first year designing some of the clothing for the collections. Not only is she involved in helping with the casual attire, she was put in charge of a whole female wedding gown collection!"

Siobhan sent me a sickeningly sweet smile as she twisted my skin. "We will go to the show no matter what."

"And you want me to ask Chris for the ticket?" I knew it before she even had to spout all her nonsense. Being best friends with this crazy girl had taught me how to stop a person from beating around the bush.

"Exactly," Siobhan released her grip on my arm, and snapped her fingers.

"I can't do that! I've not even known him for a week yet," I defended myself, trying to find any excuse not to do so.

"Get to know him better then! You have three weeks until the show," Siobhan exclaimed loudly.

"And if I don't do it?"

She narrowed her eyes at me, and instantly, I knew what she was going to say. It was something she threatened me with all the time, but it was always an empty threat.

"I'll disown you as a friend."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad our friendship means oh-so-much to you," I replied sarcastically.

"Don't doubt me," Siobhan whacked my arm with her hand.

"Totally doubting you."

We bickered back and forth for a few more minutes, before settling on a mutual agreement - while babysititng Theo, I could invite Chris over to her house and she could ask him herself. It sounded pretty far out, but I was totally fine with it as long as I wasn't the one demanding for the tickets.

We also agreed on the date where I'd babysit Theo - this Friday night, after I was done with my child care job. I had to text Chris about it, and ask whether he was able to go.

"I hope Christopher Prince remembers me," Siobhan sighed wistfully after I finally agreed to her terms and conditions.

"Who could forget such a loud girl like-" Her previous words suddenly hit me like a wrecking ball (ha!). I stopped mid-sentence and turned to Siobhan. "Wait. Hold on. You've met him before?"

"Uh, Yeah. Don't you remember? I told you," Sawyer raised her eyebrow quizzically. "It was a year ago, and I got a hug from him because I queued for eight damned hours just to see him."

"I don't recall any of this," I admitted, shaking my head.

"Well, you were never interested in any of news about him for the past four years I've been telling you," Siobhan's dark brown eyes focused on me, as she somewhat accused me, "You can't blame me for whatever you didn't listen to me say."

"Well..." I was genuinely at a loss for words. "I guess you need to explain the whole thing to me again."

I didn't even have to look at Siobhan's face to know that a gazillion watt smile was on her face. She latched her hands on to my arm, and at that moment, I knew that I had dug myself into a huge, ten-foot deep grave. 

* * *

"I'm crying," I announced to whoever was at home the moment I opened the door. I threw my bag on the sofa, and plopped down on it, trying to stop my headache and earache. Siobhan had spent the entire lunch period gushing about everything she knew, coupled with sound effects such as loud squealing. It was a huge pain to the brain.

"Aw, poor saw-saw is crying," James said wryly as he stepped out of his bedroom. I heard his loud and heavy foot steps approaching me, before he jumped onto the sofa as well.

"You have no life, James," I rolled my eyes at him, "What are you even doing at home? Don't you have things to do. Like, go to school? Why are you so dressed up?" 

"My classes are over for the day. And, didn't you get the text from Mom? We're going out for dinner along with Zack's new girlfriend," James replied matter-of-factly, rolling his eyes at me. 

"Another one?" I sighed, shaking my head. 

"Yup." 

I slapped my forehead with my hand, "I don't get why Mom insists on meeting every single one of his girlfriends. It's pretty obvious that he's not going to stay with her for more than three months." 

Zack was what people would call a slut. However, since James and I were his siblings, we chose to approach his problem more positively. Every time we were forced to go for dinner with girl number one, two, etc, we would not badmouth her at all. Instead, we opted for the passive treatment, where James and I would stare the girl down until she felt uncomfortable enough. And, if she managed to survive this dinner, she was most likely a keeper (which the other ten girls were not).

"You'd better get ready. Mom's coming home soon," James warned me. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"When am I ever not ready for this type of poop that our family goes through?" 

~~~

guys. i tried, i really did, to make this chapter longer. and i hope it's at least four pages :l

my examinations are over, and i'm on a two day break. but, on monday, our results are coming back. so please, if you just have a minute, just help me say a short prayer that my results will exceed my expectations in a good way, and that my parents will not hit me. 

thank you for reading this book, it's amazing how so many of you like it! just continue voting, and commenting and everything! thanks x10000

oh yes, also, some self-promotion for my new book. it's a humor and teen fiction book. and i reckon that if you like SWAK, you'll enjoy that book too! it's called Let Your Hair Down and i'll put the link to it here: http://www.wattpad.com/26284882-let-your-hair-down?d=ud 

thank you, and God Bless!!!