Chapter 10

picture of sawyer's prom dress to the right, worn by sawyer, of course -->

♡ Chapter 10 ♡ 

It was two hours to the winter formal. I had somehow gotten a beautiful dress after a little bit of blackmail with the help of Siobhan. 

It was a black, simple evening dress. Yet, it was stunningly beautiful. It had sort of a halter, criss cross neckline, and it led to a tight fitting top part that somehow emphasized my stick-like body shape, before flaring out just slightly from waist below. It ended right under my ankles. 

Somehow, this dress fitted me perfectly, like it was made for a six-foot-one person. It was a size zero at this length, fitting me snugly and enhancing the invisible waist that I had. 

Siobhan's jaw had dropped when the courier dropped the package containing the dress off. Apparently, the dress was some type of limited edition clothing, and it hadn't been released in the stores or anywhere yet. 

"Oh my gosh. Sawyer, you look amazing," She exclaimed, when I stepped out of the bathroom in my gown shyly. "I wish I looked as beautiful as you." 

Although I didn't get compliments from Siobhan very often, her comments always made my heart swell with pride. Sometimes, I suffered from low self-esteem issues, but her compliments always put me back on track. 

"You look amazing too, Siobhan," I returned the compliment truthfully. She did look amazing. She wore a emerald green strapless gown, with a sweetheart neckline. It hugged her tightly until mid-thigh, where it flared out until the ground. 

"You're going to be in the centre of attention tonight. The tallest girl in the room," Siobhan handed me a pair of strappy black heels. "It's just two inches, so it isn't that bad."

I carefully put them on my feet, trying not to crumple my dress. I stood up when they were secure, feeling a rush of confidence shoot through me. I felt powerful, with my dress, heels, make-up and hair pulled back in a low ponytail.

"I actually really like it," I said slowly, a smile slowly spreading across my face. "I like my dress a lot, actually." 

"That's a good thing, then," Siobhan grinned back at me, her pink lips spreading into a smile. 

We went for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant before the dance, Siobhan and Jason, her date, me and my blind date, Luke. 

Her date, of course, was handsome looking. He was tall too, about 6'1. If I hadn't worn my heels, I would've been the same height as him. But here I was, staring him down at 6'3. My date was pretty cute as well. He was not as tall as I'd hoped, but he was funny and entertaining to me. He didn't even mind the fact that I was three or four inches taller than him. 

At first I had been quite negative about this set-up formal date and who he was, but he had definitely exceeded my expectations. I had been extremely prickly and stuck up at first, but he actually broke me out of that quickly.

If I wasn't suffering from a mild heartbreak thanks to that stupid boy, I would've definitely gone for him. 

"What are you getting?" I asked him, staring at the menu confusedly. The Italian words were definitely messing with my brain. 

"I don't really know what that is. But, it sounds interesting," He pointed at the words 'capesante alla veneziana'. Why weren't there pictures on this menu, again? 

"Go for it," I told him as the waitress came to take our orders. 

Twenty minutes later, Luke stared at the plate of that thing in front of him confusedly. Even I wasn't sure what it was. It was basically three seashells, with three little pieces of things and loads of spices on it.