Chapter 19

celia prince above

♡ Chapter 19 ♡

I walked into the Prince building at seven thirty in the morning, a huge pair of sunglasses concealing most of my face. No one knew that I had left the house to come here, and I wanted to keep it that way.

"Miss, do you have a visitor's pass?" A man with slicked back hair appeared in front of me as I attempted to make a dash for the elevator. On his name tag was: Jeremy, Operations Manager. "You need an appointment to get a visitor's pass."

"I don't exactly have an appointment," I hesitantly said as I shuffled to the side. "But I'm here to see Celia."

"She doesn't see walk-in clients," He stuck out an arm to prevent me from entering the elevator. "You need to make an appointment at least a week in advance."

"It's really important," Desperation was evident in my voice. "I need to see her."

I pushed past him, but he pushed me backwards with a shove.

"Miss, you are breaching the security of this building," He said calmly. "If you do not leave, I am going to have to call security."

I sighed impatiently. He wasn't going to back down. Jeremy was watching me with his eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed. His arms were crossed.

I took a deep breath.

"Do you know who I am?" I lifted the oversized sunglasses from my nose, forcing myself to glare at the man.

"Do I need to?"

Faking a loud gasp, I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm Sawyer Adams. Does that ring a bell? Christopher Prince's girlfriend, newest face of Prince; I'm the model that everyone has been going crazy over."

I saw his eyes widen in recognition. "Yes, I know who you are. But there were no instructions given to allow you to come and go as you please," He said.

"Please," I snapped, my voice sharper than I intended it to be. "I am the It girl right now. I can come and go as I please."

"I don't think anyone would like it if I threw a fit right here," I warned him, "And if they find out that you caused it, I doubt you'd have a job here any more."

His face paled slightly. "It's going against the company code, Miss Adams. I really can't-"

"I guess you're fine with getting fired then," I said. "You can kiss goodbye to your well-paying job that comes with great benefits. You'll probably end up working in some fast food joint, scrambling for minimum wage to support your family. Your wife will be so disappointed in you, and your children will hate you for destroying their privileged-"

"Okay, okay!" He cut me off before I could finish my dramatic rant. "I'll let you go up. But, if anyone asks, not a single word will be mentioned about me. Deal?"