17. Confronting Feelings

Chapter 17 - 

Harry's POV: 

"How was your trip?" I asked Kelsey as we drove back to the flat. 

I had just picked up Kelsey from Heathrow Airport, having her finally return from Miami. I had been just standing there in a beanie and sunglasses, and only a couple of fans had recognized me. But by the time Kelsey and I were leaving the airport, dozens and dozens of fans were swarming us. 

Kelsey was dressed in a pair of jeans, Converse, and a tank top with a cardigan over it. By the looks of it, she had been sleeping on the flight because she looked woozy when I finally got to her. 

"It was.... Nice," she hesitantly replied, and my eyebrows shot up. 

Glancing at her, I caught her nibbling on her bottom lip as she looked straight ahead, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as if she was stressed or thinking about something important. I then noticed her playing with the ring on her left ring finger, twirling it around almost absentmindedly. 

Something was bothering her, and I knew it. But I didn't say anything; instead, I kept my eyes on the road as I kept driving and within a few minutes, we returned to the flat. We got out of the car, the little pebbles on the ground crunching underneath my brown boots as I walked to the boot of the car and opened it up, lifting Kelsey's suit case out of it. 

She followed me inside the building, and we quietly made our way up to the flat. When we were finally inside, Kelsey said, "I'm gonna take a shower." 

I nod as I follow her up the stairs, entering our room and putting the suitcase inside. I watch as Kelsey opens up one of her drawers and takes out some clothes, before walking right into the bathroom and locking the door shut. 

I was about to leave the room when I heard a beep from somewhere. My eyes landed on Kelsey's bag that rested on the foot of the bed, and another beep sounded from there. Walking over, I picked up the bag and unzipped it, catching Kelsey's phone light up. 

The sound of the shower running was heard, letting me know Kelsey was in there. Biting my bottom lip, I picked it up and saw - to my displeasure - Logan had sent two texts to Kelsey. My initial thought was to put her phone back where I found it, but my curiosity got the best of me and I checked her text messages - ignoring the voice in my head telling me that it was a bad idea. 

From: Logan 

Kelsey, please call me back. I need to explain myself, please. 

From: Logan 

Look, I know it was wrong of me to kiss you unexpectedly. But Kelsey, let me just explain, okay? Just call me and I'll give you an explanation. I don't want my best friend being mad at me. 

My jaw clenched as my grip on the phone tightened. Logan kissed her? He actually had the balls to go ahead and kiss her? Does he not know that she's married? Anger bubbled up inside of me like a volcano ready to erupt, but I released a breath in hopes of calming myself down. 

Clenching my free hand into a fist, I put the phone back in the bag and dropped it where I found it, before exiting the room and going down the stairs. My thoughts were all over the place, and I just ran a hand through my hair in frustration. 

I knew there was something about Logan I didn't like. I knew he didn't consider Kelsey as just his best friend. It always happens between a guy and a girl if they're best friends; one always ends up falling for the other. And I guess in this case, it was Logan who fell for Kelsey. 

Just the thought of the fact that Logan and Kelsey had kissed sent me into a frenzy. I hated that they did. I hated that someone had kissed Kelsey and that it wasn't me. The most frustrating part of all this was that I don't even know why I'm so angry about this.