6. Dinner & Apologies

Wattpad was down for like half an hour and I wanted to post this chapter and it was really testing my patients jezuz

____________________________________________

Kelsey's POV:

The next day, as I was making some spaghetti for myself for lunch, I heard the front door open and when I turned I saw Harry walk in. He was clad in skinny jeans and a button down red shirt with the top few buttons undone and sleeves rolled to his elbows. When he saw me, he gave me a dimpled smile as I returned the gesture.

"Whatcha cooking?" he asks as he enters the kitchen.

"Spaghetti," I reply. "You want some?" I ask as I turn the stove off.

Harry grins, nodding. "Yes," he replies. "I'm absolutely starving."

I chuckle as I put spaghetti in two plates and hand one plate to Harry as I take out the pasta sauce from the fridge. As I pour myself some, I hand it to Harry as I start eating my lunch. The two of us sit at the dining table, eating quietly as we don't say a word. It was kind of awkward, because I realized Harry and I had literally nothing to talk about.

We were two people, with complete different life styles, who were thrown into this whole marriage. We didn't know each other that well, and here we are, living together and plus - we're married. When we are together, we don't know what to even say to each other because we don't know one another that well. It's awkward and weird, and I wish it wasn't that way. Especially since I had kind of grown used to his presence.

Our silence was quickly broken when my phone began to ring, and without checking the caller ID, I answered it. "Hello?" I ask as I feel Harry's eyes on me.

"Hey, Kels!" My best friend's deep voice rang, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Logan, hey," I reply as I twirl some pasta around my fork. "What's up?"

"Nothing," Logan replies, and I can just picture him shrugging lazily. "I was bored so I decided to call you. How's London town?"

I laugh lightly. "It's good," I answer. "Weather's a bit cold, though. How're you doing?"

Logan groans. "Dude, it's so boring without you."

I rolled my eyes, swallowing down some pasta. "Get over it, Logan," I say teasingly.

"Rude," he replies with a snort. "How's that husband of yours?"

I glance at Harry who's drinking his water and I look away. "He's sitting right next to me," I chuckle and Harry's gaze snaps towards me, eyebrow shooting up in a questioning look as I offer him a knowing smile.

"Awkward," Logan says in an unusually high-pitched, singsong voice.

I flinch as he says this, raising my eyebrows as the high-pitched tone seemingly pierced my ear. He needs to never do that again. "You know what...? I'm gonna go..."

"Fine, be that way," Logan scoffs. "I'll talk to you later, bye! Love ya."

"Love you too," I chuckle before hanging up and putting my phone down.

Harry looks at me, raising an eyebrow. "Who was that?"

"Logan," I reply. "You remember him, right?" I ask, biting into my pasta.

"How could I forget," Harry grumbles as he takes a bite of his own food. I look at him questioningly, but Harry had already looked away, proving that the conversation was dropped.

*~*~*~*
Harry's POV:
From: Mum

Take her out to dinner or something. Get to know her a bit.