36. Bound to You

Kelsey’s POV:

          “Wait, where are we going?” I asked whilst laughing as Harry pulled me towards the car.

          The curly haired boy had supposedly rented a car while we were here in South Carolina. It was around eleven-thirty at night, and the boys concert had ended about half an hour ago. But Harry decided he didn’t want to stay in the tour bus; instead, he was dragging me towards the rented car without telling me what he was doing.

          “Anywhere.” Seriously, that was his answer?

          I let him help me sit in the passenger seat of the car, and I watched as he shut my door and jogged around the car before sitting in the driver’s seat. “Anywhere?” I repeat questionably. “Anywhere as in…?”

          “Anywhere,” Harry says yet again, looking at me as he starts the car. “We’ll drive around for a bit, grab a late night snack or something. Spend some alone time together,” he added with a small smile.

          I press my lips together, a smile forming on my lips. “Sounds like a great idea,” I tell him.

          Harry fully grins, before he started driving. We drove through the dark streets of South Carolina, driving under the street lights that lit up the inside of the car for a split second, the light entering through the windshield and windows.

          I leaned back in my seat, kicking off the flats I was wearing and bringing my feet up on the seat, my knees closer to my chest. I then reached over and turned on the radio, hearing Lana Del Rey’s perfect voice sing softly through the radio, and I closed my eyes while leaning my head against my seat as I listened to Summertime Sadness.

          “Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness. I just wanted you to know, that baby you the best.”

          A small smile played on my lips as I listened to the song as it quietly played through the radio. I opened my eyes and saw that there was a sun roof. I then reached up and slide it open; revealing the dark sky and the street light posts that past us by.

          The car soon pulled to a stop, and I saw that Harry had parked the car in an empty parking lot of what looked like a twenty-four hour CVS. I looked at Harry, raising an eyebrow. “What are we doing here?” I ask.

          “Let’s grab some food,” he shrugs as he unbuckles his seatbelt.

          I follow his lead, pulling on my shoes as I get out of the car as well. I follow Harry inside the store. Since it was in the middle of the night, no one was there except for the cashiers. Harry put up the hood of his jacket as we walked in, immediately heading over to the snack aisle.

          My eyes landed on the bags of Lays, and I picked one up as Harry picked up a bag of the vinegar flavored ones. After grabbing a couple of more snacks, Harry and I went towards the cash register and checked out our items with the half-asleep cashier. After we checked out our food, Harry and I walked back to the parking lot where the car was.

          But instead of sitting inside like I thought we would, Harry sat on the hood of the car, looking at me expectantly. Letting out a laugh, I followed his move and sat next to him as he ripped open the bag of regular flavored Lays.

          “So,” I say, biting into a chip. “Is there a reason why we’re sitting in the middle of an empty CVS parking lot, eating chips?”

          “It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing,” Harry says, chips crunching in his mouth. “Plus,” he adds, turning his head to look at me with a small smile, “I like spending some alone time with you.”