11- Bleach Blonde

Chapter 11

But there's a bleach blonde girl with the records on
And a smile on her face like she knows what's up
Whoa
Well if she don't care, then I don't care
She's a new tattoo that I won't forget
Her sun kissed skin shining on forever
I don't wanna wait for the end of summer
I don't wanna wait, no I don't wanna wait
For the end of summer
-Bleach Blonde by This Century

I was in the middle of texting Hannah the next day when Chris went over the intercom and told us all to get ready for a day at the beach with our "family."

'Have to go, having a family beach day' I texted Hannah.

':( :( :( You are having so much fun!' She replied.

I wished. Although the show had it's good moments, I missed being able to do anything I wanted knowing that there wasn't a camera following me, recording my every move. And I barely ever had time to just curl up with a good book and read with all the craziness of this place. Hannah was the one that wanted this, and I sort of felt bad that I got this instead. Then a thought came to me.

Over the last couple of weeks on the show I had become accustomed to random people going in and out of the house to visit the rest of the contestants. They were celebrities, and that was expected. But who's to say I couldn't have my own friends visit every once in a while?

I sat my phone down and fast walked down the stairs, bumping into Chris.

"Woah," he said and backed up.

"Sorry," I said, but he was just the person I wanted to see. "But I wanted to ask you. Are we allowed to bring guests?"

He shrugged. "If they know that they're going to be on TV. They have to sign some papers."

I smiled, almost as wide as Chris. "Okay, thanks!" I said and dashed back up the stairs. I texted Hannah, inviting her along, then went to get changed. Before I'd come to the show, Hannah had forced me to pack a swimsuit that she'd gotten me for my seventeenth birthday that I had never worn, but with good reason. It was a two piece, and way too skimpy for someone like me. But it was the only bathing suit I had, so I had no choice but to wear it today. But I could wear a white T Shirt over it and be fine.

In a little bit, the doorbell rang. I immediately knew who it was and raced down the stairs to open the door, but Sage had already beaten me to it.

He was standing in the doorway, already dressed in swim trunks and a plain white T-shirt, giving an odd look to Hannah. I took a couple steps closer and pieced together why. She was starstruck.

"Hello? Are you not going to answer?" Sage said to her.

Hannah gave something that sounded like a squeak.

I rushed to intervene, taking the door from Sage, pulling Hannah inside then closing the door again. "This is Hannah," I said to Sage. "My friend."

He gave her the once over, still eyeing her oddly then seemed to deem the situation unimportant. "Okay," he said curtly then walked away.

"And that's Sage Kingsley," I mumbled to Hannah, still eyeing the back of Sage. You'd think he have the common decency to be inviting to a guest, and a fan too. But at least now I knew he was gonna be Bad Guy Sage today; there was no trace of that half smiley Sage from yesterday.

"This is so cool!" Hannah exclaimed, not even noticing his behavior as she took in the house. "Can I have a tour!"

"I missed you too..." I muttered sarcastically.