Emotion Progress 35: Awaken

(Rin's pov) 

Memories slowly started flooding my mind, my thoughts jumbled up. I could feel a rough, cold surface below me and cold air push against my skin. My muscles were stiff from staying still for so long. 'Where am I?' 

I tried to open my eyes, but had difficult in doing so. 30 minutes had to pass for me to pry them open. My vision was still hazy. Meanwhile, I mentally ordered my toes and fingers to twitch back to life. It started to feel like a life time. 

When I was fully functioning, I weakly lifted my head. Only now was I able to process the fact that I had been chained with paper seals surrounding me. I tried yanking the chains out of the wall, but it was impossible. 

The katakana written on the numerous papers surrounding me all glowed a red color. Immense pain rose in my skull.   'Damn it! Where the hell am I?' I thought frustratingly, allowing my body to fall back into an unmoving position. 

My eyes adjusted slowly to the darkness of the cave. 

I tried to speak, but a hoarse croak was all that came out. The dryness made me crave for water - some kind of liquid to pass through the clog. 'My chakara and body is to weak to do anything.....' 

Gazing off absentmindedly at the floor, I began to remember the past events. The pain in my abdominal area became more noticeable the more I thought about it. 

'How long have I been in here...what's happening?' 

Before I could go on to making a plan, the padding of footsteps ripped through the silence. I activated Mou-Moku and glared at the incoming figure. It was no surprise when the man who approached my cell was Madara. 

"Ah, it's good to see you're finally up. You've been unconscious for the past week." 

"Sorry to have kept you waiting," I spat sarcastically. "What do want, Madara? You didn't let me die from my wound so there must be something you want me for." 

A dark chuckle was elicited from the ominous male. He passed through the bars of the cell easily and took long, threatening strides towards me. When he stood in front of me, my blue orbs meeting his single red one.

"It seems my plan for Sasuke hasn't quite gone according to how I wanted it to. He's decided to fight with Konoha in the War I've started."