Emotion progress 31: (Past File) Frightful

~2 years later~

(3rd pov) 

2 years had passed and the village of Akumas had changed drastically. Their territory expanded slightly as they conquered neighboring tribes hidden within the passes. And also, they became more present within the shinobi wars that went on. 

"Those damned humans." A random villager cursed. 

"All they care about is themselves and the destruction of others."

"Who cares! They don't stand a chance against us!"

"Besides, with Riniko-sama on our side nothing could go wrong." 

Shido, now a member of the patrol squad, simply frowned. He hadn't talked to his life time friend since that day 2 years ago. He caught glimpses of her returning back with the attack squad, covered in blood. 

She was different now. She wasn't the same girl who wanted to change the clan. She was more of a shell then anything and it frightened him to the point where he couldn't look her in the eye.

And so, he distanced himself from her. 

Riniko had become the General of their small army and was the conquerer over several tribes. She had led the army down the mountain slopes to wipe out almost an entire army of passing ninjas. She had never lost. 

Her power was amazing and terrifying. Her brother was basically shunned by his father and soon he became a drunkard who was treated as if a handicap. His ranking had fallen and now had no chance of becoming the head heir. 

The only reason he wasn't disowned by their village was because the Elders still had use for his demon. 

"Shido-san." Shido was snapped out of his trance and turned around to see Hibiki who wore his usual smile. "Shinji-sama requests your presence." He said. Shido mutely nodded before following the male to the Main family house. 

Once they reached a certain room Hibiki knocked on the wood first. "Lord Shinji, I have brought Shido-san as you have requested." 

"Bring him in." the gruff voice from behind the door commanded. As soon as Hibiki opened the door, Shido's gaze was met with the spraying of blood causing his eyes to widen. In the room sat Shinji who watched Riniko who trained in a small cement courtyard.