Emotion Progress 22: Common

(Rin's pov) 

Every time. Every punch. My nails slightly dug into my arms as I listened to the red head beat Naruto to her heart's content. And every punch Naruto took. An image of Sasuke...the Sasuke I know that's come to be...came to mind. 

'Naruto why? Why are you going this far for him? What will you receive in the end? Their hatred is too much for you to carry. Just tell them what they want to hear. Stop sacrificing yourself for nothing.' For once in my life I was begging Naruto to stop this. 

For once in my life my heart began to feel again. Anger, sadness, the need and want to protect my comrade. The background music of the women's continuous punches never ended. 

I'm not sure how much longer I could conceal myself. Half an hour went by and the punching finally stopped. I peeked slightly from behind the tree I stood in and my eyes slightly widen. 

The woman was panting as she watched a pummeled Naruto stand up against the shed wall. Blood dripping down his face with one eye closed shut. The female growled. "You bastard. Let me make this clear! "She shouted.

My hair covered my eyes as my nails dug deeper into my skin until my arms were slightly bleeding. 

"No amount of pummeling is going to make me feel better! I won't stop until you start talking about Sasuke!!!" I watched as she ran forward ready to punch Naruto. 

(3rd pov) 

Karui was so close to his face when suddenly her hand was caught. She gasped from surprise. Between her and Naruto stood Rin who's hair still covered her eyes. Sai was behind holding Naruto up as support while watching from behind Rin. Karui still put force into her fist despite it being caught. 

"Don't interfere. He asked for this." She said threateningly. 

Rin continued to stand there, holding her bloodied fist in her hand. Rin slowly looked up. Her eyes held a murderous yet dull glint in it making Karui slightly flinch. Too struck with fear, Rin's hand clenched on Karui's fist making her gasp. 

Before she could respond Rin sent a powerful punch to Karui making her fly back into her brother's arms. 

"If you want to fight it out then come." Rin said deadly. Blood from her arm dripped down to the tips of her fingers. "Rin....stay out of this.." Naruto said behind me.