Best Friends: Departed Feelings

He recaptured my lips once more before shutting the door behind him. His fair cologne lingered in the air minutes after he left, and I wanted nothing more than to follow him. He had given me what I wanted, so why would he come back? He knew I wanted sex, but what he didn't know: I wanted his heart as well. 

I felt my phone get heavier in my pocket. I wanted to call him, tell him to come back and be mine once more, but there was a barrier between us now. It wasn't his fault. It was my own. He was simply swept along with the mood of it all, not by his own personal feelings. 

At least, that's what I believed before my apartment door swung open revealing a very disheveled looking Ren. 

I looked at him in shock. His breathing was off and he held his coat half-heartily on his arm. His green eyes found mine and confusion wracked my every muscle. Why was he back? I had just begun to accept the fact my best friend and one night stand was gone from my life possibly forever. So I tried to convince myself otherwise.

"Did you forget something?" I asked. I locked my jaw and hoped he couldn't read what I really wanted to say and do to him right now.

His breathing settled down after a minute, and he looked back up at my face. "Yes," he finally said, but in a bare whisper. "I forgot you." He sort of smiled. It was small, but nevertheless, there. My heart didn't know whether to sore or drop. What did he mean?

But then our eyes locked, this time for real, and I didn't even have to ask what he meant. I knew. I could feel it. I could see it. The atmosphere around us said it all, and I wanted to laugh at how stupid I had been thinking this was it. It was not over, I knew that much. If anything, it had only just begun. 

I reached for him. His soft face found its way into my hands as he dropped his coat and abandoned all but his heart. He reached for me, too, and we held each other within our grasp as if this were the last time, though we knew it to be the opposite. 

I made him look at me, his face flushed with excitement, and our lips connected, softly at first. Then I began to thirst for more, slipping my tongue between his warm, swollen lips and slowly satisfying my desire, or so I thought at first, before I realized I was only feeding it. I wanted more.

And before I knew it, I was pulling him towards the bedroom and towards a morning we would never forget.

"Wait," he whispered urgently. He began stripping his winter layers. They fell to the floor one by one, and I couldn't wait. 

"I'll do it," I gasped in impatience and began to tug off his scarf. My cold fingers brushed his skin and he let out a yelp, only enraging my swelling desire. "I can't wait any longer," I moaned in frustration. 

So I carried him, leaving behind his clothes in the hall. He protested, but after seeing the look of determination and blind lust on my face, chose not fight it. It would only make this easier for the both of us.

I laid him down gently, only to close the distance between us, one hand finding his face, the other roaming freely on his bare chest. I nuzzled my face in his neck, my breath hot on his left ear, his sensitive spot.

"Y-your clothes," Ren breathed. I was almost too captivated to hear him. 

My fingers found themselves on the rim of my shirt before falling. "Do it for me," I found myself saying without realizing. No, this wouldn't be last night. Ren had to have initiative, too. 

"I- Okay." His trembling fingers came up to touch my chest before slowly descending to the waistband on my Nike sweats. His fingers traced the skin there and I shuddered, feeling my member pressing against my boxers more than before.