Chapter one- REWRITE

A/N: Hey guys, this is a sample chapter and I might upload some more chapters. I'm looking for critiques on some of the rewritten chapters.  Your opinion is more valuable then you know and btw this is a restricted chapter so READ at your own caution.  Oh I'm starting the first chapter with a future scene as attention getting device. 

Chapter one- Rewrite 

 "Where are we going?" Sage asked. 

Ace pressed his fingers to her lips, silencing the rest of her words. 

 "Just trust me." He whispered. 

 He took her hand and led her further into the dark forest. The wire thin branches seemed to grow longer and the branches began to reach for her, threatening to swallow her whole.

The forest had to be playing tricks on her eyes. 

  The forest floor was covered by lush green grass and wild flowers. She leaned down and picked up a single dandelion. She twirled the delicate flower between her fingers. Her old had a large field of dandelions. She had a faint memory of running through the field of dandelions with her best friend Lena. They would run and chase flowers for hours. 

 Her stomach recoiled at the memory. 

She could never return back to her old home. She had chosen to abandon her old life for a new one. If she could turn back time, she might choose differently. 

"I always come here to watch the stars." Ace said.  

A full moon casted a dark shadow over the lake. Six water waterfalls flowed into the green lake. It was the stars that caught Sage's attention. Without the glaring city lights, all of the stars were visible in the midnight sky. 

"Care to take a swim?" Ace asked.

 The waterfalls had to be at least twenty feet tall. Sage was terrified of heights and she didn't want to tumble thirty feet to her death. 

 "Well, I want to take a swim." Ace said. 

Ace walked over the sharp brown stones and reached one of the tallest waterfalls. 

He smiled a crooked smile. It was the same smile that had made Sage fall in love with him. 

"But, first I have to get these clothes off." He said.

 It was the first time she had seen him naked. His words still sent her heart skyrocketing.  She watched as Ace stripped out of his clothes. 

She was determined to memerize every angle of his body and make this memory last. She didn't know how much longer she had with him. He was still keeping too many secrets from her.  

His naked torso glowed under the stark moonlight. His chest was branded with dark scars. He didn't mind most of the scars. He wore many of his scars with pride and honor. 

"Come join me." He said. 

The sound of his velvet voice brought chills down her spine. 

She walked to the edge of the lake. She took off her shirt and pants but the left of her clothes on. At first her skin burned against the cold water, but then her body adjusted to the temperature. 

 The murky, green water started to swirl around her hips. She watched waves rip against the violent current. She stayed at the shallow end of the lake, afraid to venture any further. She wanted to tell him to be careful but she knew he wouldn't listen to her.