Chapter Eighteen- Secret Lock Boxes

Chapter 18-

The sky was dark and the stars looked much brighter in the moonlight. My feet felt heavy as I entered the woods. Branches of trees swayed in the wind. My pulse raced against my wrist and grew louder and louder. And I hear a threatening voice race against my ear.

"It's too late, he's already gone." A voice whispers in mockery. My body shakes as my knees fall to the forest floor. My knees scrap against the ground. My knees began to bleed but that doesn't stop me from going further. I crawl on my hands and knees.

I won't give up until I find him. I have to find him. The forest seems to grower smaller and the branches grow bigger. The branches tower over my head and I duck because I'm afraid that I will get entangled in their dark webs.

I continue to crawl on my hands and knees for miles and miles through a white frog and then I see a body. The body is covered in dirt and blood. The frog becomes thicker and it's impossible to see the forest, let alone the dead body on the ground.

I take the man's cold hands.

"I hope your suffering is over, now."

He doesn't wake and his pulse no longer beats. His chest is frozen and unmoved.

"I hope you are in a better place, where ever that may be." I said.

I kiss the man's hand.

His hand is the hand of the death. His hand is white and raw. I peer over his body and finally catch a glimpse of his face. Pain rips through every inch of my body. Tortuous sobs rip through my mouth. My hands trace the young man's face.

My eyes must be deceiving me. I just can't believe. I take one last look at the man before me. And he's the one I've searched so long for.

My heart cries out his name, "Aiden!"

His eyes no longer blossom with color. All life has left his body. But I won't give up. I've walked to far and traveled to far to find him. I won't leave him. I grab onto his collar and shake his body.

"You have to wake up!" I said.

My tears fall across his cheek.

"Please, Please, wake up. Please." I beg.

I hit him again and again, but his face can't turn blue because it's already frozen.

"Stop! Just stop it! Just stop it! Goddamn it, just wake up!" I screamed.

Darkness turned into light. Night turned into day. Then I was screaming as my heart plummeted into my stomach. I thrashed against the covers. And Ace pulled my body against his chest and cradled my head.

"Baby, it's okay. It's okay."

You were dreaming. It was just a bad dream.Ó He said and tried to soothe me.

I jerked out of his arms and stared down at him with disbelief. "I need to find him!" I said.

"He'll come back eventually." Ace said.

His lips looked tight and his eyes narrowed on the ground.

"Eventually? I don't think that is good enough for me. There's something wrong, Ace! I can feel it in every fiber of my being. What if he's out there, alone? What if he's hurt?" I asked.

Tears streaked down my face and my voice shook furiously.

Why couldn't he understand? Ace seemed annoyed by the question.