Darren, The Third Brother

You all are so amazing for commenting, voting, and fanning! I love all of my fans <3 

<  -----------

-------------------------------------

I rested my head against the car window. The sky was dark and it was becoming difficult to see through the thick fog. The city lights shined across the room, hiding the stars. I drew shapes into the frost of the window. Aiden was driving close to ninety miles per hour and my hands were digging into the fabric of my seat, preventing a deep scream from leaving my lips. His hands were clenching the steer wheel hard. His face was frozen in an constant angry state.

 "Who is Darren?" I asked.

It was the same question I had been asking for hours. But Aiden refused to answer it. In fact, he tuned out my words. I know he could hear me above the loud highway. I taped his shoulder and leaned over in my sit to whisper in his ear, "I know you can hear me."

"I don't know the answer to your question." Aiden said.

I knew he was lying and my instant response was to hit him. But I held my anger and I let it grow inside me. It completely consumed by body. I didn't like being lied to. Apparently, Aiden and I hadn't exactly established a sense of trust and respect. He was silent. His lips hard ever move. The silence was almost worse than the loudest noise in the world. The silence felt like death. It was a constant reminder of the thick tension in the air.

 "Aiden, can you speak? Are you capable of speaking? You've been silent far too long." I said.

Aiden shut me out. My anger was growing too deep. My anger was so intense that it was becoming impossible to hide it inside.

"AIDEN!" I screamed. I needed to hear something even if it was the sound of my own voice screaming. "Please, for the love of the universe, say something. You drag me out of the house and we've been driving God knows where for hours and you don't speak! You don't ever speak!" I said, losing my breath.

Aiden sighed, "I don't have anything to say."

 If I did hit him, the car would swerve off the room and put both our lives at risk.

"When can we go back?" I asked, "I'm sick of driving and I'm not really dressed to go anywhere." I said. I was still dressed in Ace's shirt and I had also borrowed his jeans. Ace's jeans were too big for my small frame. Neither of the men had given me a chance to change before they demanded that I leave the house.

Aiden turned with me and his eyes narrowed, "I don't know."

"Is that your answer for everything?" I asked.

"Do you want me to drop you at home?" He asked. "Yes, It be great to show up at my house dressed in another guy's clothes. My mother would most likely call the cops or she would promise to never speak to me again." I said.

Aiden adverted his eyes back to road. He just didn't want to talk.

"It's no wonder you haven't had a relationship in years. No one can get close to you." I said.

Something changes in his face. His eyes are burning so intensely that it scares me. Aiden has never been the brother to scare me. The car swerves between lanes. He can't pull to the side and he can't turn because we are on the high way and people would be killed. I placed my head between my legs to stop the throbbing sound of my heart.

"What did you just say?" He asked,

"Don't ever you say that again."

He switched lanes and he started to drive east, back toward the house.