Bonus Chapter

Naomi's POV

This can't be happening.

I braced my forearms on the edge of the kitchen counter, taking in a shallow breath and letting it out slowly.

I can't do this right now. I can't do this ever, but especially not right now.

I took in a deep breath to calm the nerves coiled tightly inside of me.

I need to stay calm, cool, and collected.

I grabbed a paper towel off of the dispenser, using it to the wipe the tears cascading down my cheeks. Thank God I hadn't applied makeup this morning. I couldn't handle that mess on top of this one.

What am I going to do?

I didn't have a rational answer to that question, so I did the only rational thing I could think of.

I called Emily.

"Hey girl, so listen I swear I was about to call you," Emily gushed, as she answered my call. "But I found this flower arrangement that you have to check out for the wedding. I know you're set on the Calla Lily arrangement, and don't get me wrong it's gorgeous, but-"

"Em, I need you to come over."

"Oh my God you're crying. Naomi, why are you crying?" Emily questioned, panic rising in her voice. "Is it Lee? Look, whatever he said or did we can work through. The boy is an idiot, just like his brother I swear-"

"It's not Lee. I just really need to talk to you right now. Please come over."

"I'm on my way," she promised. "Give me five minutes to get Jamie situated and then I'm there."

I agreed before hanging up, resting my phone on the counter.

My eyes slid over to the white, oblong object that had turned my entire life upside down in just a matter of minutes. Two positive signs, and suddenly my whole world had shifted.

What am I going to do?

Emily was at the apartment within minutes, towing Jamie Lee behind her.

"Just a minute!" Emily called over her shoulder, as she headed towards the TV. She turned Princess Sofia on, plopping Jamie down in front of it.

"She's already exceeded her tech-time for this morning, that's how much I love you," Emily warned, as she made her way into the kitchen. "Now what in God's name is going on?"

"I don't know what to do," I wailed, my voice coming out much higher-pitched than I'd anticipated and tears rolling down my cheeks as the reality of the situation settled in.

I was pregnant.

"About what?" Emily asked, gently.

I gestured towards the positive pregnancy test, and Emily's face went from that of confusion to that of surprise.

"Oh."

I just began to cry even harder.

"Naomi, it's okay," Emily soothed, reaching out and pulling me into a warm embrace. "I know the timing isn't ideal, with the wedding 6 months away and the baby coming before the wedding. But I'm sure God is forgiving on this kind of thing. We can whisk you straight to church on Sunday and I'm sure the preacher will understand, I mean you guys are engaged and fully grown adults anyways-"