Chapter 3

(Jacob Perez pov)

I ended up staying the night at Y/N's house. She wanted to stay up and watch scary movies with me. We were up almost all night. She was never the type to be scared of horror movies. No matter what time it is. I woke up to the smell of breakfast food(along with the houses original aroma. I went, brushed my teeth, and went downstairs to the kitchen. There Y/N was, making my breakfast. Or our breakfast.... I'm pretty sure its ours.

"What's up sleeping beauty?" She asked, turning to me. I shrugged.

"I smelled breakfast. So here I am." I stated.

"And you are here for what, exactly?"

"Im here for my goddamn breakfast." I playfully said.

"This isnt for you." She said making the first plate.

"It's not?" I asked sarcastically, watching her make the second plate. She nodded.

"It's for my imaginary friend JAcob." She put emphasis on the "a". I rolled my eyes. She sat the plate on the table in front of me. I tried to start eating but she slid the plate away from me.

"Ah ah Aahh, curly fries." She chanted." You want your breakfast? Come and get it chiko." I chased her around the kitchen. When I went left she would go right, carfully holding the plate out of my reach.

"Cmon Y/N!!! I'm hungry." I whined. She stopped, then looked at me sideways.

"Ask for it." She said. Asking wasn't something I usually do... But its food.

"Can I have my food?" I asked.

".... No." She started to take off but I caught her. Pulling her into me and wrapping my arms around her waist. I peeked my head around her shoulder, to look into her eyes. We both were still.

(Y/N's pov)

Jacob had grabbed me from behind. Our bodies were so close it should've been illegal. He peeked at me from around my shoulder. We both were at loss for words. I quickly scrambled out of his arms and out the plate in between us.

"Vous estes un garcon Afro fou."

Translation: you are one crazy Afro boy.

"I have no idea what you just said." He told me.

"Good." I stole a piece of his bacon." Let's keep it that way."

*later on that day*

I was sitting on my bed, the iPhone Jacob bought me for my birthday was on my nightstand. And just when I thought about texting him... He texted me. Typical best friend. It read:

Hey, I'm going to a party with the guys, wanna come? Correction... I already asked your mom. She said yes. So get dressed. See ya in 5 minutes.

"Five minutes!!!" I screamed. That was nowhere near the time that I needed. But in situations like this, you learn to make it work. I slipped on some jeggins(black n gray leopard print). Pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and put on my black-and-white obey snap back. With a all black top and my gray jordans. I looked in the mirror, I was icey. And my timing was perfect. Jacob got here and we got into the limo. There I saw Craig, Raquan, and Chresanto. I slightly waved at them.

"Dayyumm girl. You looking hella fly." Raquan said. I blushed before thanking him. I could see the jelousy in Jacobs eyes. But him being a " good person" n all was the only thing keeping him from telling him to back off. The ride didn't take long and the music from the house made the street jump. There were tons of famous people there like: Diggy Simmons, Jaden Smith, Jacob Latimore, Juan Harris, and Lil twist. I kept my cool when Jacob introduced me to them, but on the inside I was freaking out.(Considering the fact that every one of them flirted with me in some fashion) I think Jacob could tell.

"You wanna go get some air?" He asked. I nodded as he grabbed my hand, leading me through the crowd.

*outside*

"Wow, I can hear again." I joked.

"Yea it is pretty loud in there." We both were embracing the silence for a while until...

"Yo Princeton!" Someone yelled in the distance. Making me and Jacobs head turn. It was Chresanto, I think. He came closer into view. I was right.

"Where'd you go man, we've been looking all over for you." He asked.

"You found me." Jacob said, as to say: What do you want?

"Somebody wants to talk to your friend." He said nodding in my direction. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why me?

"Why?" Jacob said sounding irritated.

"You already know why. She's hot." Chresanto answered.

"And." Jacob said. He ran his hands through his hair.

"So, are yall coming?"

"Naw man. Not right now. She has a headache from all that music. So we just gonna chill out here for a while." Jacob told him. A headache? No I don't. I was overwhelmed by the flirting overload, but my head is fine.

"You sure yo?"

"Yea."

And with that, Chresanto dissapeared into the house. Jacob took a deep breath.

"What's up with your breathing?" I asked. He shook his head, making his Afro sway. I giggled and reached up to touch it. He quickly swatted my hand away.

"Don't mess with the fro." He said. I pouted, and slowly reached again. This time he moved so I couldn't touch it.

"Y/N... I mean it. Nobody touches the fro but me." He said again running his hands through it.

"Oh so you think you cute now?" I asked. He nodded, biting his lip. That turned me on unexpectedly. I quickly looked away to gather myself, then while he was distracted, I jumped on his back. I ran both my hands through his hair. Intertwining my fingers until they felt stuck.

"I win." I said, getting down and taking my hands out of his hair. He squinted his eyes at me.

"What?" I asked. He smiled shaking his head.

"Cmon, let's go inside. Your fan club awaits." He finally said, sounding annoyed. As we started to walk back I grabbed his arm and hugged it.

"I love you best friend." I said trying to make him feel better.

"Love you too, best friend." He said, kissing the top of my head.