Chapter 7

“Tora,” a gentle voice says as a hand prods my shoulder. “Tora, it’s time to get up.”

            I mumble something incoherently and turn my back to the voice while snuggling into my blankets.

            “Honey you need to get up,” the voice urges.

            “Five more minutes,” I mutter sleepily.

            “You have to get up and get ready for your mission,” the voice says.

            “The mission’s not til tomorrow.”

            “No, honey, today’s Saturday,” the voice sighs. “You exhausted so much of your chakra that you slept through Friday and most of today too.”

            “I what!” I shout bolting up in bed. “Why didn’t anyone get me up?”

            “We tried,” Kushina says. “But you were dead to the world. Kakashi called and said he’ll be here in fifteen minutes to pick you up for the mission.”

            “I have to get ready!” I exclaim and run to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

            “You ready?” Kakashi asks placing his wooden wolf mask over his face.

            “Yup,” I answer putting on my tiger style mask. We step out of his little black Honda into the chilly spring air. I shiver a bit in my sleeveless black top, short black shorts, and grey chest protector, in convenient tank top form. I run a fingerless gloved hand over my bare arms, stopping to trace the swirling black ink on my upper left arm. It’s in the shape of a leaf and signifies that I am an Anbu of the Leaf.

            Kakashi and I make our way to the front door of the cream colored mansion. Kakashi rings the door and a boy dressed in a tux answers. He’s maybe a few years older than me and what I like to call, a Sex God. Don’t judge me; he really is hot with his stylishly messy brown hair, chiseled facial features and emerald green eyes. I bet he has a six-pack.

            “Who are you?” He asks.

            “We’re the guards the ambassador, Monsieur Morceu, hired.” Kakashi answers in a polite tone.

            “What’s with the weird costumes,” he asks rudely. Why must the hot ones always be jerks?
            I open my mouth to say some rude remark, but Kakashi elbows me hard in the stomach before I can get anything out. “Ouch,” I grumble rubbing the spot. “Jerk.”

            “Kane,” a woman’s voice calls from inside the house. “Who’s at the door?”

            “They say they’re the ambassador’s guards,” the guy, Kane, calls back.

            “Did you let them inside?” She asks.

            “Yes, mother.” He sighs dramatically. “Come on in.” He steps back from the door and we enter into a large foyer with a crystal chandelier.

            “Welcome,” a blond woman says, descending a marble staircase. I guess some would say she looks elegant in her tight cream colored dress, but I think she just looks uncomfortable. “Monsieur Morceu is still in his room, you can wait in the drawing room. Kane, honey, would you show them where to go.”

            “I guess,” he sighs and leads us to a room on our left. I stop short when I see a familiar red head sitting on the couch.