Chapter 9

I walk down the hall, humming along to my iPod. Kankuro and Kiba suddenly appear on either side of me and grab my arms, then lift me up off the ground. “Hey what are you-” My voice is cut off by Kiba’s hand on my mouth. They drag me through the school to an empty classroom and force me into a desk, both of them keeping a hand on each of my shoulders. Kiba takes his hand off my mouth and I immediately start shouting. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing!”

“Just calm down Tora,” Ino says as all of my “friends” step out of the shadows.

“We just want to ask you a few questions.” Hinata says gently.

“You didn’t have to kidnap me,” I grumble. “All you had to do was ask.”

“We didn’t think you would answer them willingly,” Temari admits.

“We just want to know what you were doing at that party and who the man with you was.” Neji says.

“I can’t tell you that,” I sigh.

“Well you’re not leaving until you tell us,” Kankuro smirks.

“Come on,” I whine. “Kakashi’ll kill me if I’m late.”

“Too bad,” Tenten shrugs.

“Well, I guess you guys are all part of ex-shinobi families,” I mumble.

“Ex-what?” Lee asks.

“Shinobi,” Gaara says. “It’s another name for ninjas.”

“How do you know that?” I ask in surprise. “As far as I know the Sabaku’s aren’t ex-shinobi.”

“We were part of the Suna sector,” Temari explains. “We moved here to live with our Uncle two years ago in order to get away from our Dad. He’s the Kazekage of Suna.”

“We just never got around to joining the Konoha sector,” Kankuro says. “And we don’t know who the Hokage is.”

“That explains how Gaara can control sand,” I say. “If you guys want to join, my Dad’s the Hokage.”

“Can someone please explain what you’re talking about?” Kiba asks.

“Not here,” I say. “It’s classified information and I don’t want anyone to listen in. If you really want to know come to the Konoha Dojo after school. I’ll explain everything there.”

“Fine,” Hinata sighs and the boys release me.

“One more question,” Gaara says just before I make it to the door. “Why were you and Sasuke Uchiha hanging out together yesterday?”

Everyone stares at me with looks of shock. “Um… Bye!” I shout and bolt out of the room before they could force an answer out of me. I sprint down the hall and burst into Kakashi’s room right before the bell rings.

“Any particular reason why you’re late?” He asks.

“I’m not late,” I shrug and go to my seat. “I was in here before the bell rang.”

“Whatever,” he sighs as Hinata and Kiba walk in. “Why are you two late?”

“Gai-sensei stopped us in the hall to talk,” Kiba says. “He just wouldn’t stop talking!”

“Liar,” I mumble.

“Understandable,” Kakashi says. “Take your seats.”

“Yes Kakashi –sensei.” They say and sit down, both of them giving me strange looks. I just ignore them and examine my black painted nails.