Chapter 11

A loud shouting pulls me out of my dreamless sleep. My eyes flicker open only to close again to block out the harsh light of the sun. The shouting comes again this time loud enough to hear. “Tora! Gaara! Where are you?”

My still groggy brain doesn’t comprehend what was said right away and I bury my head in my pillow that feels strangely hard today. “Five more minutes,” I mumble and start to drift back into sleep. That is until my pillow starts shaking. What the hell is going on? I reluctantly open my eyes and realize that I’m not in my bed and my pillow is really a person. I slowly look up to see an amused looking Gaara staring down at me.

“Why is it whenever you stay at my house you fall asleep on me?” He asks with a slight grin.

“Shut up,” I groan and bury my face back into his chest as my heat begins to flutter. “You could have moved me if you wanted to.”

“But then I would have woken you up,” he says and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

“Where could they have gone?” I hear Sasuke ask from somewhere below us. It seems that Gaara didn’t want to wake me so much that we stayed on the roof the entire night.

“That bitch better not have kidnapped my Gaara!” Matsuri’s whiney voice drifts up to us.

“More like your Gaara kidnapped me,” I mutter under my breath and hear Gaara laugh. “Shouldn’t you be worried about her finding us like this?”

“Nah,” Gaara says. “No one knows about this place except for me and now you. Not even Temari and Kankuro know about it. If they did I would have been yelled at a long time ago for being on the roof.”

For some reason his words made me blush. Maybe it was the fact that he was willing to share his secret place with me. I look back up at him and we stare at each other for a few tense seconds, our lips millimeters apart. I can feel his breath as it fans out across my face. The blush on my face intensifies and the smile drops from his face. His hand comes up to slowly caress my cheek while the other pulls me closer to his body. His head moves towards mine and I close my arms waiting for the kiss.

“There you guys are,” Temari’s voice interrupts and the two of us spring apart.

“I thought you said we’re the only one’s who knew about this place.” I said to Gaara feeling extremely embarrassed at being caught. Temari just stands at the window looking amused.

“Please,” she says rolling her eyes. “Kankuro and I knew that Gaara always came up here since a year ago.”

Gaara clears his throat awkwardly and avoids eye contact with his sister as he pushes past her and into the attic before disappearing downstairs. I follow after him, but get stopped by Temari as soon as I get in the attic.

“Care to explain?” She asks.

“During the movie I turned around and saw him making out with Matsuri, so I left so I wouldn’t rip her throat out.” I say. “Sometime after that Gaara came out after me and brought me up here. I um… fell asleep on him and when I woke up we almost kissed, but you interrupted before we could.”

“Sorry,” she apologizes. “I should have waited until after he kissed you, but I couldn’t pass up a chance to embarrass my little brother.”

“It’s okay,” I mumble. “He probably wouldn’t have kissed me anyways.”

“You didn’t see the look on his face.” Temari says. “It was a look of pure adoration.”

“Yeah, well if he felt that way he would break up with that slut,” I grumble and instantly regret it remembering he’s only going out with her because of his uncle.