and enjoy the breeze

"Hey," the familiar man greeted her warily as he strode into the room cautiously with a bouquet of white lilies hidden terribly behind his back. "How are you doing?" His voice was gentle and soft; caring.

She didn't say anything and she didn't make any move to answer him, but she just stared back at the man who had visited her at least once a week for the past nine months.

The man that she lived with – the one that wouldn't let her go – walked into the room behind the familiar blonde and took the lilies for them. She watched as he placed them in a vase on her beside cabinet.

She gestured for the other man to take a seat.

He did.

Silence filled the room as the three adults kept to themselves. The female lying on the bed with her head propped up with a pillow, the blonde male on a chair by her bed and the dark haired male stood leaning against one of the walls, his gaze strong and set forward so that it appeared that he was looking out the window, but she knew better. She knew that he was lost in his own world of darkness and demons, this being the only time that she was ever truly left to herself.

The blonde was the first one to break the ice, the dark haired man, her captor left the room to give the two some privacy.

Why, she didn't know.

"I know you won't respond to me but that's okay because I just want to talk to you." He began, staring off into the distance through the window, his gaze not fixed. "I just want you to listen. I was so scared when I got a call saying that you had fainted and got hurt. I was even more worried when you wouldn't wake up that first day. I came straight away, but you wouldn't wake up. Your heartbeat was so low and you didn't move, you were barely breathing. You looked dead and I couldn't help but think back to when-" his voice broke as he held back his sobs.

He got up and left abruptly, leaving her with some very conflicting thoughts and feelings.

-

You can wait for the next chapter which will be uploaded on 24/11/2019

OR

You can read the ENTIRE book, including bonus chapters, for FREE on Inkitt! Just search 'Silence [COMPLETE]' or use this link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA__illuminating_

The link can also be found on my Wattpad profile.

Layla Knight