i hate him.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked, leaning against the doorway of her bedroom making sure that he stayed behind the line.

Her bedroom.

This used to be theirs, his and hers. But she refused to allow him into this room now so he had been sleeping in the guest bedroom next door for the past eight months.

Everything remained the same, the same dark blue bed sheets and fluffy cream rug. The same messy desk and pictures on the walls. The room had barely changed in the past eight months.

The only thing different was them; him and her.

Ignoring him, she carried on tying up the laces of her combat boots, her back still facing him as she sat on the bed.

"The last Wolverine movie came out last week, we could watch that if you want." He offered her, hoping that she would agree so that they would at least be able to spend the next two hours together. They wouldn't be talking but at least they would be spending some time together.

And he really needed that. He craved it.

He craved her; her smile, her laugh, the twinkle of her eyes and the way she used to look at him, as if he was her whole world.

He missed her even though she was standing right in front of him.

It was as if there was an invisible boundary line between them, separating them. He couldn't cross it and he couldn't reach over to touch her. She wouldn't let him.

He couldn't get through to her, no matter how hard he tried.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion as he watched her walk past, careful not to touch him.

She didn't answer him, simply walking down the steps two at a time in response.

His heart beat spiked dangerously as he watched her head for the front door.

"Where are you going?" He repeated as he rushed down the stairs so now he was walking directly behind her, but she didn't answer him and just carried on walking almost as if he hadn't said anything in the first place.

"You can't go out." He stated, placing his hand on the front door so that she wouldn't be able to open it.

She tried to push his hand away and yank the door open, but he was too strong. Neither of them moved for a whole minute. They just stared at the other, conversing in a silent argument, one which neither of them would be able to win.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her, genuinely sorry, but it was too late.

Sending him one last look, she turned on her heels and headed to the back door really needing some time alone to herself. He couldn't let her go but he could give her some time alone on the garden swing outside.

He would give her some space. That was the least he could do.

He watched her walk briskly as if she couldn't wait to get away from him fast enough.

The look in her eyes had said it all.

The same striking ocean blue eyes which had always held immense love for him now spoke otherwise.

It cut deep to the core knowing that she hated him; despised him.

He wanted to cry, but there were no tears left.

Just him.