i can't stand to be around him.

"This is nice, huh?" He chucked quietly, staring at her with a smile on his face; one which tugged downwards at the corners and didn't quite reach his eyes. "The park is so beautiful this time of year."

She nodded her head and stuffed her hands in her pockets, kicking at some of the fallen autumnal leaves on the ground with her boot clad feet. She sighed. "The leaves are falling." She commented quietly, walking off by herself around the park, her eyes feasting hungrily on the scenery.

Moments like these always made him feel guilty for keeping her locked in the house for so long, but he knew that ultimately, he had done it for her, to make sure that she stayed healthy. It was either stayed locked up in the hospital or at home, and the decision hadn't been a difficult one when handed to him.

She was talking again, but still quiet and reserved enough for him to worry.

Things had been great for the first week or so but he realised soon enough that she just wasn't happy anymore.

Watching her walk around the park slowly, he sighed.

Closing his eyes, he allowed himself to face the demons that had been haunting him for the past few weeks.

Inevitably, it always came down to her.

It was only during the nights did she find any solace and comfort, snuggling into him under the sheets. That was the only moment of the day where he felt like she truly needed him, where he felt like that was where she belonged, by his side.

But he wasn't an idiot.

When the morning came around and he opened his eyes, the first thing that he would see was always her delicate nose, provocative plump lips and her fiery untamed hair. It was always a sight that he cherished, knowing that she was safe and with him but when she woke up, the spell broke.

He looked at her and knew that she wasn't happy. That she didn't want to be with him. She only needed him to help her sleep but soon enough, she would learn to do that herself.

His eyes flew open as he felt the leaf brush across the side of his face. Dusting it off, his eyes roamed around the park until they finally landed on her.

She was stood on the opposite side from where they had walked in with her back to him. Her shoulders were slightly hunched over and her head faced the pond that she was peering over. There was no doubt that she was admiring the ducks, probably regretting the fact that she had forgotten to grab the bread. But he knew that wasn't the only thing playing on her mind.

He made his way to her. Standing quietly beside her, he didn't say a word.

Not one word. 

-

You can wait for the next chapter which will be uploaded on 06/04/2020

OR

You can read the ENTIRE book, including bonus chapters, for FREE on Inkitt! Just search 'Silence [COMPLETE]' or use this link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA__illuminating_

And, if you would like to buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/laylaknight

Both links can also be found on my Wattpad profile

Layla Knight