Why her?

We walked into her dorm to see it was clean, just how Rachel kept everything.

I take one side of the room as Chloe takes the other. We look through different boxes to see what to have as a memory. After awhile my hand hits something hard under her pillow.

I pull it out to see its a black hard cover with a small lock.

"Hey Chloe?" I ask.

"Hm?" She grunts.

"Look for a key." I whisper not taking my eyes off it.

"Very specific." She says sarcastically, you can hear her eyes scrap the back of her head. After a minute she returns with a key. "Here."

"Thanks keymaster." I said not paying attention.

"Nicknames already?" She said slightly annoyed. I shrug.

I take the key and place it in the lock. Every second feels like hours, my nerves shocked. I open it and see her handwriting. I smile flipping to the last entree, the day she went missing.

April 22, 2013

Today was amazing. I talked to Max again and as always she made me happy.

I smiled, a tear rolling down my check.

Me and Chloe hung out. I really like her. I think it might be love....

My smile faded but I continue to read it.

Today the Vortex club is throwing a party @ Nathan's place. Im going. Hope its as great as everyone is saying it will be.

Talk to you soon.
<3 Rach

My cheeks were stained with tears. I wiped them away and saw Chloe staring at me.

"What?" She snaps. I throw the journal at her, she catches it and looks at me confused and angry.

"Read it." I say. I walk away thinking about what I just read. When I arrive me dorm room, I wrote on my whiteboard. Max in bold letters with a sketch of my camera. I walk in and crawl in bed.

"Why her?" I say to myself. I walk to my phone and plug it in my speakers, blasting my music.

Why her? Why Rach? She was so amazing. She was an angel. She didn't deserve this. She never did.

Tears flow down my cheek, my eyes get blurred in my vision. Then a thought popped up.

What if her disappearance wasn't an accident?

I pulled out my notebook and started jolting notes.

1) last entree mentions a party

2) Nathan

3) Chloe?

4) Vortex club

I wrote them down and looked at my paper. That's ridiculous. No one would do that to her. I take the paper and crumble it, dropping it in my trash.

I hear a knock on my door, I groan but get up and answer it. Surprised to see Chloe.

"What if it wasn't an accident?" She says quickly. I step back as she said what I was thinking.

"Who would do that to Rachel?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips. Chloe walks past me and into my room, I grunted in irritation. I closed my door as she was pacing.

"Listen. Rachel was amazing. Wouldn't hurt anyone or anything. But, some people are crazy fuckers who blow things out of portion." She says making hand motions. I looked at her with a eyebrow raised.

"Like who?" I ask.

"Nathan Prescott." She says. Her voice sounded like she figured out the Di Vinci code.

"Okay?" I asked confused.

"Nathan Prescott?" She asked me, I shook my head and shrug my shoulders, she sighed clearly irritated. "Richest family in this shit hole of a town."

"So you are accusing, Nathan Prescott, the richest kid in town of kidnapping?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Listen. It makes sense. He would be the last person you'd suspect." She said.

"Yeah. But it makes no sense at the same time. Rach talked about him, saying he had a weird crush on her." I state. Chloe's eyes fill with anger.

"Its the best lead we got!" She snapped. I take a step back.

"We?" I asked. "Who says I'm in this?"

"Don't play dumb. I know you love her. You want to find her as much as I do." She says with a slight chuckle. Still clearly angry.

"I don't love her." I said taking a step forward, raising my voice. "I gave up on her since I've known she was in love with your punk ass."

She walked towards me so quickly. Her hands pushed my against the wall. Our toes touching, one hand on either side of me.

"Don't. Talk to me like that hippie. You don't know me." She said in a low whisper. Her voice sent chills down my spine, her breath warm against my cheek.

She stayed like that for awhile. After a few minutes she pushed herself off me and stormed out of my room, slamming the door behind her. I slid down my wall and stared blankly ahead. Sooner or later, I drifted to sleep as I thought of Chloe and me finding Rachel.