Chapter 13: The Break Up

Chapter 13:  The Break Up
Before Iris had made her way to the office, she had decided to stop at the old cafe, Jitters where she used to work at.  She had just gotten her coffee and made her way out to her car when she heard a voice from nearby speaking her name.  "Iris right?"  She turned her head slightly to see the blonde haired man she had run into at the park a couple of weeks ago.  She smiled a little.  "Yes that is correct.  Can I help you with something?"  She wasn't sure why.  But something about him seemed off.  It seemed like wherever she turned the past couple weeks, he would be there.  She didn't like it one bit.  Eddie smiled a little.  "Oh no.  I was just passing by."

"I'm sorry to cut this short but I really need to go."  Iris said opening her car door.  She wasn't sure why.  But something seemed off about Eddie.  "Of course.  Perhaps we can see each other later.."  He grinned a little.  Iris shot him a cold glare.  "I have a boyfriend.  Remember?  The one you saw at the park?"  She said in a cold voice.  Eddie nodded.  "Yes yes.  I remember quite well.  As it seems.  He doesn't seem that concerned about you..  Where is he now?"  Eddie said taking a small step closer.  "I don't think that is none of your concern."  Iris said quickly getting into the car shutting the door and taking off.

It was finally a slow day in Star labs.  Which Barry didn't like.  He liked days he could take his mind off things.  He knew things weren't going well.  WIth the flash situation or in his regular daily life either,  Him and Iris were getting even more distant.  He knew it would be awkward if she knew he was the flash.  But he didn't know just how much.  He was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what to do.  About everything, when he heard footsteps coming into the lab.  He glanced up putting his guard up immediately.  He sighed a little as he saw it was just Caitlin.  "Are you alright Barry?"  She asked with a worried tone.  Most the time, Barry would try to lie, and brush things off.  But he was starting to get weary.  He sighed a little.  "I'm not sure..  It's just..."  As he was about to speak, he heard the sound of his phone going off.  He glances down narrowing his eyes slightly with worry seeing the number.  "Iris.  Is everything alright?"  He asked as he answered her call.

"Barry..."  Iris hesitates a moment.  After finding out who Barry really was, she felt slightly awkward.  She now knew his reasonings for disappearing on her when he did.  He had been the flash for awhile now, and he had kept it a secret from her.  The person he could've trusted the most, and the members of Star labs and even her father had known before her.  She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.  "I'm not sure.  I need you to check somebody out for me...  He's been following me since that night you left me at the park.  And from what you told me of the witnesses description..."
Iris stalled a little trying to figure out what to say..  Barry's heart raced hearing what Iris said.  "What do you mean Iris?  What description?"  Barry asked.  "Barry..  I know it seems far fetched for his age.  But what if he killed the resident before the explosion and is connected to your mother's death?  I don't know.  Just..  Something seems off about him.."  Barry paled a little.  "Iris. Where are you now?"  He asked in a hurried voice.  "I was at Jitters.  I'm heading to my work."  "Do you have anything you can send me of what he looks like?"  Caitlin looks up at Barry looking curious.  When Barry hung up the phone he sighed a little.  Great.  One more thing he had to worry about.  Iris had another unknown stalker.

"Barry.  What did Iris say?"  Caitlin asked looking up at him.  Barry looked over at Caitlin.  "She seems to have another stalker.  She just wants me to check him out."  He said with a worried expression.  "She said that according to Cisco's description of the murder on the resident before the particle explosion, there's some similarities that she wanted me to check out..  Something is not adding up here...."

As an alert came onto the screen, Barry looked over to see the video as the file opened up on itself.  "Barry.."  Caitlin whispered seeing who was on the video.  "Flash..  I have already asked you to stop looking..  It seems you have failed to listen and would rather have your friends hurt in the process..."  Reverse flash said holding Iris out in front of him.  Barry held his breath..  "Iris.."  He quickly speeds off to the location reverse flash was holding her. 

"It seems very difficult for you to learn your lessons doesn't it flash?"  The other speedster smirked a little behind his mask.  "Barry!"  Iris whispered in fear.  He had never seen Iris look scared in his life than what she looked right now.  However, what he didn't know was that she was more afraid for Barry than herself.

"I told you to leave her alone!"  He hissed at the speedster.  "Oh.  I will leave her alone.  When you destroy the evidence."  "I can't!"  He yelled.  "It is the only thing I have right now to find who murdered my mother and wrongfully accused my father!"  Reverse flash gave Iris a hard shove forward towards Barry.  Barry quickly caught her in his arms as she stumbled forward to him.

"You have three days to destroy the evidence or I will reveal to the world who you truly are Barry Allen.  But not before I take down each
and every single one of everyone that you love.  This is your final warning Barry.."  He kept a tight hold of Iris as he watched the speedster disappear.

"Are you alright?"  Barry asked looking down at Iris.  She glances up at him and nods slowly.  "I'll be fine."  She said quietly.  "I need to get back to the office."  She muttered.  Barry sighed a little.  He glances around to make sure no onlookers were paying attention.  "Can we talk later?"  He asked quietly.

Later that evening, Barry began to get ready for his date with Iris.  It was a date he didn't like.  A date he never wanted to have when it came to Iris.  But he knew it must be done to keep her safe.  He knew he shouldn't of let her know.  He should have kept her in the dark.  She'd of been safer there. 

Once Iris was ready, Barry opened the door and she followed him out to the car.  "Look Iris.  I know things since everything has happened have been crazy between us.."  He started once they were sat and situated.  Iris looks at Barry paying attention to what he had to say.

"I'm so sorry..  For everything.,."  Iris bit her lip and placed her hand over his.  "Barry.."  "No wait.  I thought I was protecting you by keeping you in the dark.  With all of my enemies...  I shouldn't of told you who I was.  It's only brought you more danger than what you already were..."  "Bar..  He would've come for me whether I knew who you were or not..."  "You know that's not true Iris...  You're in more danger now than ever..."  He closed his eyes a little.  "And it's all because of me.  I can't have anything happen to you Iris...."

Iris looked at Barry not saying anything at first.  "Barry.  You know I am well able to take care of myself and make my own decisions.  Before you decide anything..."

Barry sighed and glances down so he wasn't looking at her.  "It's for the best Iris..."

"Bar..."  She says in a whisper as she watches him get up and walk away.  As soon as he was out of site of the people he began to take off at a run.  Iris sighed and closed her eyes.

"Everything alright over there?"  Iris jolted her eyes open to see Eddie once again.  "What do you want from me!"  She hissed.  Eddie smirked a little coming over to sit down across from Iris.  "I believe we got off on the wrong foot..."