Chapter 11: The Reverse Flash

Once Cisco pulls up to the driveway of the address Joe gave him, he starts walking in stride next to Joe up to Barry's old house.  "So you really think we might be able to find something here?  That can connect to the case of the other resident?"  Cisco asked him as they approached the house.  "Wouldn't it just be easier to see if we can look around in the other resident's house?  I mean.  The murder is more fresh, and the clues that could possibly be left behind might be better, more recent there."  "No.  I'm positive.  Trust me.  This is the best place to check out."

Hearing the knock at the door, Dr. Wells glances up nervously.  He knew that with what he had sent Cisco, it wouldn't take too long before he would have brought Joe to show him the evidence site.  Dr. Wells needed an escape route, but the only exit was the front door.  Hearing someone's footsteps come downstairs, Dr. Wells quickly hides in one of the closets just as he hears the woman answering the door.  "Hi.  Can I help you with something?"  She asked looking at two men.  "Ma'am.  I'm detective Joe West.  And I'm not sure if you've heard of the history of this house or not yet, but we've reopened the murder case of Nora Allen?"  Joe said holding up his badge.  The woman nodded stepping aside.  "Oh yes.  Of course of course."  Once they were given the go ahead, Cisco and Joe walked into the house making their way into the living room.

Dr.Wells continued to stay hidden in the closet.  Damn.  Why did they have to come here of all days when he was trying to tamper with the evidence?  He listened in on their conversation.  "Joe!  Come look at this!"  He heard Cisco's voice call out.  Joe walked over to where Cisco was looking at.  "But that can't be possible can it?"  Suddenly both Cisco and Joe felt something hard crash against the back of their heads and crashed on to the ground blacking out.  Dr. Well's stepped out of the closet where he had been hiding from and smirked at the two of them.  "I've learned nothing is ever impossible."  He said looking at them but talking mainly to himself.  "You boys were very foolish."

Dr. Well's grabbed a hold of the boys and sped off to one of the abandoned warehouses on the edge of town.  As Caitlin was waiting for Cisco and Dr. Well's to return, she heard the alert pop up on her computer.  "Oh no.."  She quickly goes to answer the message.

"I have a message for the flash!"  A voice in the background said suddenly as the video popped up.  "Oh no.  Cisco!"  Caitlin muttered seeing the camera view switch from Cisco to Joe who looked like they had been captured.  Caitlin quickly dialed Barry's number and explained what was happening.

"What?  Can you see where he has taken them?"  Barry's heart fluttered nervously fast.  Iris looks up at him looking suddenly worried.  "Barry what is it?"  She asked as soon as he hung up.  "Iris I'm so very sorry.  I have to go."  He kicked himself for once again lying to Iris.  But it was Cisco and Joe.  He didn't want to worry Iris too much.  "Something's come up I have to check it out.  I'll be back as soon as I can okay?"  He leaned in slightly giving her a quick kiss on the forehead.  Once he was out of Iris' site, he used his speed to reach back to Star labs.

"Did it show any indication on where he was keeping them?"  Barry asked quickly pacing back and forth after seeing the video.  "I think it looks like they're at the old warehouse.  But..."  Before she could say anything else, Barry was already gone.  Caitlin tried to page Dr. Well's but he wasn't answering.  Which had her more worried.  It wasn't like him not to answer where Barry was concerned. 

After Barry had left, Iris sighed a little.  She stood up and picked up the picnic blanket.  "Was he a friend of yours?"  Iris popped her head up quickly not expecting to have someone speak to her.  "Um.  Yeah.  He's my boyfriend."  She smiled a little eyeing the stranger closely.  "Sounds like he's some boyfriend.  To leave you here all alone...  My name is Eddie."  He says giving her a small smile in return extending his hand.  Iris cautiously accepted the handshake.  "Iris.."

"Caitlin, can you tell me anything which room or floor they might be?"  He asked quickly moving around into the speaker.  Caitlin looked at the computer screen closely.  "No.  No there's nothing..  Wait.  There's a small box on the shelf the number shows 4A."  Barry quickly sped up to the fourth floor and made his way quickly to the room.  He could hear voices, the one was Joe's.

"I would choose wisely with the choices of your next words Mr. West..."  Reverse Flash threatened.  "You wouldn't want to have blood on your hands for Cisco's death would you?"  Barry leaned in more closely to hear so he knew when the correct moment was to enter.  "Forgive me Cisco...  But you have been dead to me for centuries."  Hearing Cisco's screams, Barry used his speed to quickly break through the door, making it just in time to shove Cisco out of death's reach. 

Once Barry had tossed the reverse flash around a bit he quickly made his way over to Joe.  "Joe are you alright?"  "I'm fine!  Behind you!"  Barry quickly turned and once again felt his body clashing with the reverse flashes. 

When Caitlin heard footsteps coming into the lab, she turned to see Cisco walking into the room.  "Cisco!  Are you okay!"  She asked quickly getting up to go hug him.  Cisco looks surprised by the gesture but hugs Caitlin in return.

"What do I tell Iris?"  Barry asked looking at Joe as they made their way back to the house.  Joe takes a deep breath.  "She doesn't need to know about the reverse flash.  I don't want her to worry." 

"Just tell her like we usually do. I had an emergency I needed your help with."  Barry sighed a little.  "She's going to end up hating you..."  Joe grinned a little.  "I can handle it.  Trust me Bar..."

Once Barry walks inside, he could see Iris was waiting for him not looking too happy. "Look Iris..."  Iris took a deep breath.  "Can we talk?"  "Yes of course.."  Iris motioned Barry to follow her outside and Barry followed behind her.