Chapter 5

Ughh, shut the fuck up! Shut the fuck up! Naomi shouted inwardly as she rubbed her temples. It was a bright Monday morning, with everyone chattering away about what they did over the weekend, but mostly Miles' party-- which, honestly, Naomi didn't even remember a minute of-- and even though it was a beautiful day, Naomi was just not in the mood for it all. She still had a hangover from Friday night and a throbbing headache. And if that wasn't bad enough she had a steamy, hot dream with Darryl. She shuddered at the mental pictures that formed in her mind as she steadily walked down the halls toward her locker-- silently wishing everyone to shut-up and stop slamming their lockers.  

She approached her locker, ignoring the people she usually acknowledged on a daily basis, and dialed her combination carefully, making as much minimal noise she could pulling out her books she was going to need for Spanish. Since her little slip-up with her cutting-class-thing, Señora Ramirez was pretty much on her lap, giving her wary looks and ignoring her raised hand. I can't wait to drop Spanish after this year. 

Suddenly, a loud drumming of hands against the neighboring lockers, interrupted her thoughts, causing pain to take it's course through her forehead. "Ahh," she cried out as she rubbed her temples, "What the f-" she stopped as she looked and saw Darryl, the ignorant bastard himself, with a devilish grin. 

"Awww, what's the matter, Hun? Not a morning person, or you still hungover?" he mocked as he continued to drum his hands against the lockers, this time more forcefully. 

Naomi felt as if her head was on the brink of rolling off her neck, silently vowing never to sip a beer again. "Darryl, please just stop!" 

"What!!!" he shouted--inhibiting his obnoxious beating-- louder than necessary over the morning crowd of students, her brain clenching. 

"I'm not in the fucking mood, shit!" she growled through clenched teeth. 

"Yea, well what else is new?" he asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes. 

"Is there a reason as to why you're here?" she asked impatiently. 

"Ummm....yea," he replied, going through his pockets, pulling out her personalized, golden watch, "This belongs to you." 

"What the--" Naomi gasped as she curiously glanced at yer her wrist where her watch usually rests. "Did you steal this?!" she snapped as she snatched it from his hand and fastened it onto her wrist. 

"Wow, no 'thank you'? You're tiny ass is lucky I didn't sell the piece of shit." 

"Oh, well, thanks whatever." she said indifferently, rolling her eyes. 

"I pawned it though." he interjected, smiling smugly. 

"Oh, of course you did." she sigh, not at all surprised. "If you didn't 'steal' it than," she said making air quotes, "where did you find it?" she asked curiously as she absently studied her watch, making sure everything was in mint condition. 

"Oh, you left it in the bedroom." he said indifferently, but his eyes looked as if they were waiting for a reaction out of her. 

"Whoa, what bedroom?" Naomi asked, bewildered, giving him just what he wanted. 

"Oh, you know, the one we had sex in...scratch that the one we fucked each others' brains out at Miles' house." he replied casually, "Oh and don't worry, I had so much fun!" he laughed as he patted her shoulder, walking off. 

Naomi was frozen in place. It all made sense now-- well the dreams did-- it was a reality. Omigod, Darryl raped me! She thought frantically. She knew there was no way in Hell she would ever willingly give herself to Darryl, drunk or sober. "Darryl!" she shouted as she found her strength and ran to reach him. She didn't care about what the noise and fast movement was doing to her aching head. He stopped, without a look back, almost as if he expected her to run after him.