Chapter 3

"Hey, Jazzy, do you think this looks good?" Naomi asked as she stepped out of her walk-in closet, wearing a black sequined halter top.

Jazzy glanced up from Naomi's makeup table and responded with a flat, "No," before turning back to apply gold eye-shadow across her eyelids.

"Jazzy, please help me. This could be my only chance to impress Miles," Naomi whined as she stripped off her shirt.

Jazzy got up and pushed past Naomi and into her closet. "You don't wanna wear black, Nay. You won't ever get noticed. Here, this is cute."

She handed Naomi a red tank top with gold patterns and black, torn skinny jeans.

"Are you sure?" Naomi asked doubtfully.

"Yes! Now go put 'em on!" Jazzy ordered as she pushed Naomi into the closet. "Hurry, so I can do your makeup."

Two hours later, both girls were dressed and ready. Jazzy wore a leopard-print, body tight dress with a denim vest. She wore grey low top converses and her hair was waved with one single braid and a cute grey knitted hat. Naomi wore the red tank top and jeans and added red pumps to the wardrobe. Her hair was pulled into a tight, half-ponytail and her face glowed with all the makeup Jazzy had applied.

"Wait...what's...what's that under your shirt?" Jazzy asked in a shocked tone.

"What?! What is it?!"

Jazzy reached over and tugged at the bra strap as she rasied her eyebrow in disbelief.

"No?" Naomi asked reluctantly.

"HELL NO!" Jazzy replied as she walked off to gather her things in her purse.

Naomi reached up under her shirt, unclasped the bra, and tugged it off.

Jazzy smiled, "Much better. Miles has to notice you tonight."

Suddenly there was a honk outside the window. "That's Nathan!" Jazzy exclaimed as she sped towards the front door.

Naomi rolled her eyes and laughed as she grabbed her duffel bag for her sleepover and left.   

                                                                                * * *

"Damn, Miles," Jazzy muttered in astonishmnet as they walked through his front door. It had took a while to get there. After Nathan had to stop at Jazzy's place to drop off Naomi's stuff, Jazzy decided then that she wanted to take a million pictures before they could finally get back en route.

Naomi checked her golden watch. The party started only an hour ago, but it seemed as if the entire guest list was here already, plus a few party crashers. Since Nathan was Miles' cousin, Naomi had been to Miles' house a countless number of times. She knew his house was huge, but with all the people there, the house seemd to expand itself. His place was beautiful, right-out-of-Bel-Air beautiful.

"Hey, guys," Miles shouted over the loud music as they entered his living room.

"Hey, Miles," Nathan shouted back.

"Cool party!" shouted Jazzy a bit too excitedly. Naomi couldn't help but laugh. Jazzy looked so much like a freshman at her first high school party.

"Hey, Naomi," Miles greeted in a smooth tone as he glanced over her. "You look...sexy."

Oh my fuckin' gosh!

"Thanks. You do, too," she complimented back with a smile.

"Well...we're gonna go. You two have fun!" Nathan said in an eager tone as he grabbed Jazzy's arm and herded her up the stairs.