Chapter Seven

+++++

Chapter Seven

The next morning was a painful one.

My body ached and I still felt absolutely exhausted, seeing as how I barely slept after Sebastian had left my room.

No, instead of welcoming the escape of sleep, I stayed up for hours thinking about every encounter I had ever had with Sebastian King. It may have seemed like a stupid thing to do, seeing as how I had met him only two days ago.

Two days.

That was all the time Sebastian needed to take over my life and consume my mind.

It was around three in the morning when I made a connection. I had almost done a victory dance in celebration, but managed to suppress the amount of overwhelming joy that I had felt.

Maybe it was due to my sleep deprivation, that I felt the need to share to the world my new knowledge.

And what did I discover, you may ask?

A pattern.

When I first met Sebastian, he really lived up to his title. He was, and still is, intimidating, controlling, and violent. Let's not forget how he always gets what he wants, demands respect, and is absolutely merciless.

Oh and side note, the bastard tried to kill me.

But then, then there was his nicer side. Well, nicer seems a bit too- nice. Sebastian King doesn't have a nice side. He just has a slightly less cruel side to him, which mind you, I have been able to witness a few times, despite how fleeting those moments are.

Which leads me to believe that there is a pattern that he is following.

Cruel, less cruel, cruel, less cruel, and so on...

In my defense, I really am suffering from a lack of sleep, and when I thought of this all, it seemed like a damn good theory.

So, based on the results from my last encounter with Sebastian, today I was prepared to see his cruel side.

It should be expected, right? I mean, I shouldn't assume that because Sebastian apologized twice, he was going to become my best friend and skip through a field of daisies with me.

"You're up."

An animalistic like noise spluttered from my lips, and I clutched the front of my t-shirt in surprise, which made Mason laugh loudly, his deep green eyes twinkling brightly.

I remembered how emotionless and scary he was when I first met him, but of the three, he seemed the least uptight, 

"Asshole." I muttered, rubbing the sleep from my eyes with my hands. I felt a dull pain grow within my wrist, and it was then that I was fully able to take in how badly it had bruised after I had used it to block Chuck's punch, and then how I fell on it only moments later.

"Shit, what happened to your wrist." Mason said, walking further into my room. My uneasy feeling wasn't exactly put to rest when he stopped moving completely, his eyes focused on my face.

My body shot out of the bed and I ran into the bathroom, ignoring the protesting aches that went through my body with every step I took.

I let out a low groan at the sight of myself in the mirror. Mason had stopped by the doorway, watching me cautiously as I observed the damage. My right cheek was tinted purple and was swollen. There was a bump on my head, just under my hairline, which must have happened when I fell on the ground. Bruised scattered over my arms and legs, making me wince at the sight.