Chapter Twelve

Hi everyone .xx

+++++

Chapter Twelve

A painful twist in my lower abdomen made me hiss out, and tears instantly pricked the corners of my eyes as the pain worsened and went deeper.

It was then that Sebastian walked in, and found me curled up in a fetal position on the bed.

I felt a cold hand press to my forehead, and my eyelids flew shut as another tidal wave of anguish surged over my trembling body. A layer of sweat coated me, and my skin felt blistering hot, making me shake and sweat even more.

"Combined with her internal damage," the doctor spoke quietly, "the menstrual pains have increased incredibly, I can only assume."

I shook and let out inhuman-like noises. The familiar ache erupted within me and I let out a shrill scream. My eyes flew open and I clutched the sheets as I writhed in agony.

Weak cries left my lips as tears trickled down my burning cheeks, "I'm f-fine." I managed to choke out, my voice weak and barely audible. My eyelids slowly peeled away, my lashes thick with tears.

The pain was still very much present, but I hardened my features and hid the hurt that tortured me. I had known exactly what was going on, and with no thanks to Sebastian, the internal damage was making it worse.

Sucking in a large breath of air, I pushed my trembling frame up, only for my arms to give away. My body collapsed back onto the heated covers just another painful ache spread throughout me.

"Have her take these," the doctor said, explaining the purpose of each pill. I watched as Sebastian nodded obediently, accepting the medications that the doctor was pulling out of his bag.

After a quiet discussion between the two, Marcus, the gang doctor, exited the room.

Despite the pain I was in, I was also relieved.

It all made sense, my uncontrollable emotions, my sensitivity, and the pain- the pain that was undeniably linked to one of the many curses every girl must suffer through during her life.

The bed sunk lower as Sebastian sat next to my trembling body. His icy cold hand came as a shocking contrast to my scorching skin. Whimpers fell from my lips as he lifted me onto his lap, cradling my feverish body into him.

"You may be in a lot of pain now," he whispered, "but take this as a blessing."

I squeezed my eyes shut at his words, my thoughts floating back to the last thing he had said to me three days ago.

"It's only just the beginning."

"Please don't hurt me," I choked out, my hands attempting to break me from the confines of Sebastian's arms.

There was a moment of silence and I held my breath in horror.

A strangled noise left my lips as Sebastian's hand cradled the side of my head and lightly guided my head into the crook of his neck. He ran his hand through my hair and shushed the cries that emitted from within.

Unfortunately for me, it seemed that nothing could provide me enough comfort for what was to come.

+++++

When the word 'pain' crosses a person's mind, it's been proven that the person automatically thinks of physical pain.

There are two forms of pain: physical and emotional.

Sebastian had already tormented me using both forms.

It was interesting, really, how different he treated me while I was sick. Every day he supplied me with that miraculous pill that seemed to drain the physical pain from my body- yet it never seemed to go deep enough and rid my tortured soul of the emotional pain that haunts me.