Chapter Eighteen

Hello my darlings! .xx

Unedited because why not live on the wild side.

+++++

Chapter Eighteen

"Once you go black,

You never go back."

My body slammed onto the ground, emitting a sickening crunch as my body twisted in an unnatural way as I held in my screams of pain.

I felt my face distort in anguish as blood trickled from my brow and into my eye as my entire body throbbed in torment.

"Please..." I moaned out, a hint of desperation leaking into my tone. I watched as he smirked down at me in contempt, waiting for me to break and give in. Probably thinking that after endless hours of torture, he had finally gotten his way.

"What was that, Evie?" His mocking tone made my stomach clench with disgust and annoyance.

He wanted me to break; he needed me to break. But I wouldn't break. I couldn't break.

This sardonic monster above me did not deserve the satisfaction.

With a sarcastic smirk and a demonic expression, I looked up at him.

"Is that the best you've got?"

+++++

The bars of the cell echoed with tremendous force as Sebastian repeatedly slammed his hands against them.

"You're making a fucking mistake." He growled, sending a murderous glare towards the wary police officer. He shifter under the intensity and turned his attention to the other officers entered the room.

"Oi!" Sebastian called out, rattling the bars once again; "I want to speak to O'Malley and O'Donoghue right now."

Anger coursed through his veins, though he did his best to keep it in check. This wasn't the first time Sebastian had been arrested, because every now and then some big shot police team would try to take him down.

The only difference wasn't something, but someone.

Annoyance and worry had left Sebastian completely overwhelmed, and frustration was quickly flooding over him as he thought about Evie.

"Listen, we don't have to do shit for you." One of the officers finally spoke up, stepping away from the group and coming closer to Sebastian's cell.

It was obvious that this man had the biggest ego of all the officers, and most likely the most idiotic. Sebastian let a taunting smirk cross his lips before he pulled himself away from the bars and made his way to the concrete bench jutting out from the wall.

He lazily sat down and leaned his head back against the wall, and with his smirk still intact, Sebastian finally responded with the words he had wanted to yell at the man.

"When I get out of here, and I will, you-" he pointedly stared the officer straight in the eyes, "you are the first one I'm going to kill."

The officer's smile faltered, and he paled quite a bit as Sebastian chuckled to himself.

"Nice to see I've got your attention now, lad." Sebastian mocked further as the officer rejoined the group behind him, losing the flare he had only moments ago. Once Sebastian was satisfied, he leaned back against the concrete, carelessly allowing his eyelids to drop in a nonchalant manner.

His calm façade severely contrasted with the storm brewing within him.

"You're not going to get out of here, not this time at least."