Chapter Six

+++++

Chapter Six

The girl's stare was bold and exuded confidence. She was dressed in a revealing outfit that left little to imagine, but in her opinion was conservative. Her signature, devious smirk was present, and she looked unstoppable.

That girl was me.

Tearing my eyes away from the mirror, I walked out of the bathroom, and into my new room. I frowned a bit, before pulling on my ankle boots. My hands rested on my lap and I pushed away the nerves that were beginning to tingle in my stomach.

I let out a sigh and glanced at my phone, feeling my heart sink when I saw that Danny hadn't called or even texted me for that matter.

"Come on love!" My head moved and I stared at the door. "We are ready to leave."

A flame ignited within me as I walked down the stairs. I felt my confidence roll in like waves, and my eyes sparkled mischievously. I felt that flame turn into a fire when I took in their reaction.

Callum and Mason's eyes widened and Sebastian's lips parted while his eyes shamelessly looked me over. Studying my nails, I let an uncaring expression take over my features.

"And what do you think you're wearing?" Sebastian's voice was hard, and there was a hint of annoyance there.

I let myself look up, making direct eye contact with Sebastian. His jaw was clenched, and I instinctively bit my lip.

"I'm wearing what I would usually wear," I told him casually, acting as thought it wasn't a big deal.

Sebastian was displeased by my answer, but didn't push the subject. Meanwhile, Mason and Callum couldn't get their eyes off of me, which was only fueling the fire within me.

I was ready to meet Sebastian's challenge and prove myself.

"When you are all finished checking me out, we should probably leave if we want to get there in time." I smirked and placed my hand on my hip, enjoying the way Callum and Mason both looked away at the same time, their eyes now going everywhere but me.

"Don't get too cocky." Sebastian warned.

I deepened my smirk before responding. "So what's the plan? I get the guy, take him out back, you kill him?"

They all laughed at that, which only confused me.

"Babe, unlike your old gang, we don't deal with those druggies who are behind payment." I frowned and crossed my arms, annoyance taking over.

"Surely you have people behind on their payments." I snapped, glaring a bit.

Sebastian stepped forward, looking amused. "Despite our gang's ranking, yes, we do have those complete idiots who think they cheat us, but I let my lower ranks deal with them."

I remained silent as I processed what he just told me. The anger I had from him insulting my gang had long since faded when I realized what he was saying. Of course Sebastian King wouldn't deal with those kinds of people.

"Then what is the plan?" I asked stiffly.

Sebastian looked back to Callum and Mason, before he finally turned back to me. From his expression, I could tell that he was holding back, and immediately tensed up.

"His name is Chuck Forrest," Sebastian said. "He's a dealer who has been trying to sneak into our territory for months."

"Why go after him now?" I asked.