Chapter 1

(Y/N's pov) 

*10 years ago*

A/N: in the story your 16... Do the math. :P

"You can't catch me, you can't catch me!!!"

"Cmon Jacob, give it back!!!" I yelled. Jacob Perez stole my crayons AGAIN. He always does. He's been doing it since kindergarten. And I always end up chasing him around to get them back. I also noticed that he only steals the green ones... What's up with that? I think he has mental problems.

"You want em? Come and get em, chika." He said before running off again.

"I am not your chika!!!" I yelled. I didn't chase him around anymore. I just sat in the bushes. Like a cheetah stalking her pray. I knew that eventually his curiosity would get the best of him, and he would come looking for me. And once he did... I pounced on his back, reaching up his arm where he held my crayons. He was so shocked he lost footing. Once we hit the ground, I didn't hesitate in scrambling ahead of him, grabbing the green crayons.

"HA!!!" I said, holding up the crayons, and feeling pretty good about myself. He just sat there and ran his hands through his curley Afro. I then turned and walked off. He didn't bother chasing me, and I didn't bother running. Before I was out of earshot I turned to him. 

"Ya know, it would be a lot easier if you just asked me instead." I informed him before continuing to walk away. But Jacob is hard headed, so I knew what I said went in one way and out the other. He was too busy plotting his next theft. And honestly... I didn't mind. It would be fun to chase him around again for the hundredth time in my little life.

(Jacob Perez pov) 

*music studio*

A/N: just a heads up... This is back to regular time now. If you were confused. Anyway...

"Aight yall take five." Our manager Walter Millsapp told us. We were working our hardest on an OFF day. Walter always wants to be ahead of the game. I'd rather press pause. We all grabbed a water bottle and slumped down on the black leather couch.

"I'm hungry." My homie Craig said. He goes by prodigy but when were by ourselves, we use our real names.

"When arnt you hungry nigga?" My other homeboy Raquan asked.

"I'm kinda hungry too." I said rubbing my stomach in a slow circular motion, while patting my head. Force habbit of mine.

"Well than let's eat." Chresanto said. He's my last friend. I know yall was probably like: damn how many friends you got? Not a lot actually. I have these guys here and my best friend Y/N. We've known eachother since kindergarten. Maybe she didn't realize it then because I kept stealing her green crayons, but we were best friends then too. Don't judge... She had the 64 pack. And they were crayola. That's the best brand ever. So we finished our work for the day, and Walter let is chill. Considering we wernt suppost to be working until Wednesday. (It's Friday by the way). We ended up going to red robin to eat. We all got the usual. Red tavern burgers with our own personal kick to them. A few fans came up to us to say hi and get pictures: expected. A very old woman bursting out in tears at the sight of us: totally unexpected. Now you know we would never turn a fan down... But damn. Your somebody's grandma. She gave us all hugs and when she left, we left. We had finished eating and it was fun. I looked at my phone... It's 4:35pm. I'm suppost to be at Y/N's place by 5 o' clock. When she went on her trip to Paris, I wasn't there to say goodbye. But she gets back today. And as her best friend I feel it necessary to be there when she gets back. To say hello :P she is gonna be so exited. But I had to leave now if I wanted to make it on time. So I got our 2nd manager Kenneth to drive me.

* At Y/N's house*

"Thanks kenny." I said before he pulled off. I walked up to the house when knocked on the door. Y/N's mom answered it.

"Why hello Jacob. Your right on time." She said inviting me in. I've been here countless times before, but this time felt new. All the poetic yet tasteless paintings on the wall wernt as familiar. All the old looking furniture and antiques, all seemed fresh. The house's scent of cinnamon, old maple syrup, and vanilla filled my nose. I got comfortable with a container of Y/N's ice cream from the fridge. It was butter pecan, her favorite.