The Sea and Fresh Berries

Picture on your right is Flynn

"You three have one minute to explain this before I throw you all overboard, best mates or not." Flynn spat out threateningly.

"But we're friends." Loki said in a sad voice.

Argo rolled his eyes, "I think Adeline should explain her reason for being here to you. And Flynn, please try to keep an open mind and put yourself in her situation."

And with that he grabbed Loki by the back of his neck, and hauled him out of the room, leaving me alone in the lion's den. I could hear Loki outside the door complaining about missing the action.

I contemplated making myself faint, but then I didn't know how to force it, and I had never been very good at lying, as one can tell given my current situation.

I even thought of making a run for it, but we were in the middle of the ocean at the dead of night. And I had never bothered learning to swim. So I was stuck in this large room, that seemed to be getting smaller by the minute with him, the ruthless Flynn Gaige.

"Well explain yourself...Aiden." he spat as if the name disgusted him. I winced.

"My name is actually Adeline sir, and I didn't have a choice at the time. My father was becoming abusive and my brother is off to battle." I choked out. I stared at Flynn waiting for him to shout for the crew to throw me into the brutal seas.

Flynn arched a brow, "Surely your mother could've put a stop to your father's abuse?" he asked, his voice and expression giving away nothing.

I let out a breath, "She was lost to us." I said in a low voice.

"Oh for the love of Zeus! And you chose to stow away on a pirate ship with the worst men known as an alternative? It's not a wonder you managed to stay hidden so long, you've not even any breasts to boast" My cheeks tinted the embarrassing color of pink, but I said nothing, not wanting to make him any angrier.

"And how in damnation did you manage to get Argo to go along with this rubbish? Loki I understand, the fool throws all caution to the wind. But Argo?" he grabbed my arm pulling me against him.

I gasped. "I bet you seduced him with those sensual lips and large eyes." I pulled my hand back attempted to slap his cruel scowling face. He caught it of course before it was even near him. I had the reflexes of a passed out drunk dodging a turtle.

How dare he say such things to me? As if I were a whore! "I had no idea that you were so besotted with my eyes and mouth. Did you admire them when you thought me a boy too Captain?" I asked cooly.

Rage crossed his face before a cruel smile finally settled on it. I narrowed my eyes.

"Want to be part of the crew do ya Adeline?" he spat mockingly in a cruel way. "Then so be it." He pulled me behind him and pulled open the large bedroom door.

As soon as it opened Loki gasped holding a glass mug to his ear. He quickly thrust the cup at Argo, "'Twas his idea!"

Argo's jaw dropped, "You bloody liar!"

"Outta my way ya no good traitors." He shoved them aside and pulled me behind him. I refused to show any fear, he'd not bully me anymore. Death had to be better than being walked all over for the rest of my life.

"Bloody woman aboard my ship," he mumbled angrily to himself.

I rolled my eyes. "That's why I like Indie better," I mumbled to myself.

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, Flynn halted causing me to crash into his hard back. "And what in the hell do you know of my bastard brother?" he asked as he turned to face me, his breath fanning over my face. He smelled of the sea and fresh berries, how I hated the scent now.