Sanity

Picture of Adeline to the right

“Flynn’s father could not have picked a more inconveniencing day to bother his son” Loki said gravely.

I dropped my head into my hands as thunder clapped above my head. I just prayed that Flynn wouldn’t go mad this time.

“We must get him below deck so he doesn’t get irrational again. We cannot have him passing out on the verge of battle.” Loki said as he stood up.

I nodded as he stuck out his hand and hauled me up from where I was previously lounging, “I’ll take care of it. You just stay up here and keep an eye on things. Have Argo steering, and don’t falter to come get us if the sirens show up.” I said as I dusted off my pants.

Loki nodded and was off. I turned and made my way to Flynn who was already scowling as he paced back and forth.

“Flynn? I need your help” I said quickly.

He dragged his hardened eyes away from the darkening clouds and glowered at me, “Tis not the time for your nonsense Adeline. Do ya not see that the bastard is upon us?” he seethed. I gulped, it was happening already.

“But it’s urgent!” I cried.

Flynn pursed his lips, “What is it?” he asked with an annoyed tone.

Lies flew through my head, but I came up with nothing. I should have thought something up beforehand.

I grabbed his collar and pulled him down to my height, “I have to tell you in private” I whispered in his ear.

Flynn rolled his eyes, “Tis not your womanly curse is it?”

My eyes widened, “No! It’s more important. Please just indulge me.” I begged.

He sighed, “Well let’s go. And be quick about it, I need to be back up here to deal with my bloody father.” He muttered.

I hid the triumphant grin off my face and turned around to go below deck. I caught Loki’s eye and sent him a quick nod before disappearing below deck. We walked in silence to Flynn’s quarters, him at my heels. As soon as we came upon the door, Flynn reached around me and pushed it open wasting no time. He stepped inside as he slammed the door behind him.

“What is it you want?” he asked with brashness.

I swallowed and tried to muster up all the courage that I had. I sucked in a deep breath and put on my most seductive look, which I imagine wasn’t very seductive at all. I ran my hand through my hair slowly and pushed out my near nonexistent chest.

“You” I answered.

Flynn arched a confused brow and moved to step aside me to leave, “I don’t have time for your games Adeline.”

I gasped and spun around, “I’m serious you brute!”