Unraveled

Picture of Loki to your right

Pain. That was the first thing that registered, then came the throbbing in the back of my head. And lastly was the bickering. The bloody bickering of two voices I knew all too well.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was lying on a large bed that took up half of a room I had never seen before. There were candles lit throughout the room giving it an intimate setting. Where was I?

The room smelled of the sea and fresh fruit. I sat up, the room spinning slightly as I tried to think back to what last happened to me. I remember Indie, the handsome brother of Flynn, and all the fighting. I pushed my face into my hands and held them there.

"What do you want me to do? I'm not a bloody doctor Argo. I'm a cook, what do I know about fixing people's heads?" I bit my lip; their constant arguing was making my head throb even more.

"Well what do you want me to do? The only person who knows anything about that stuff is Flynn and we can't very well call him in here now can we?" Argo yelled. I felt like my head was going to explode.

"That's what I'm telling you ya fool! This is his room; he'll be in here as soon as he's done aiding the injured men of the crew. It was your stupid idea to bring the lass in here!" Loki yelled back.

I felt like screaming but that'd only make it worse. "Guys," I said. But my voice came out cracked and broken.

They continued arguing anyway. "I think it's time to tell him, if we explain her story, he'll understand Loki. He's not the complete brute his reputation makes him out to be."

"Guys." I said a little louder.

"Have you gone positively mad? He'll kill her you fool, do you not remember Elizabeth? Remember how that turned out? We cannot tell Flynn."

I was just about to yell at them to shut their mouths and not to worry because I was abandoning ship when the door was kicked open.

"Tell me what?" Flynn's voice echoed through the room.

I opened my eyes and saw the three of them standing towards the door not even looking in my direction. I pulled the covers over my head in an attempt to hide from Flynn. Where was my hat?

"Tell you how well you did in battle tonight against Indie." Loki supplied with a nervous chuckle.

"Then why were you talking about Elizabeth and do not lie to me, I've known you both all my life and I can tell when you're lying." Flynn said in a low voice that I had to strain to hear.

"Listen Flynn we have something-OW! What'd you do that for?" Argo yelped in pain.

"Sorry friend, I've a rock in my shoe so I was just kicking my foot about." Loki said smugly.

I was almost tempted to peek over the blanket to see the humorous look I was sure that Loki wore. But that would be a terrible idea. How was I to get out of this mess? There was no way I could leave his room without Flynn seeing me, and I had not a smidgen of an idea as to where my hat might be.

"Well boys, today has been tiring to say the least, I'll be seeing you in the morning." Flynn concluded.

Panic rose through me. They were leaving me in here?! My breathing started to speed up.

"Ah...Flynn why don't you accompany me to the kitchen so that I can fix ya something to eat." Loki suggested. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks mate, but I just want to get to sleep." Flynn said with a yawn.

Now the panic was back with a vengeance. How was I going to get out of this?!

"Flynn, There is something I sho-OW! I wasn't even going to say it that time ya nimrod!" Argo yelled.

"This stupid rock, sorry there mate." Loki said back.

"You two are acting strange." Flynn observed.

"Nope, nothing strange here." Argo said quickly.

"Okay well, as fun as this has been, get out." Flynn dismissed.

"But...Flynn-you don't have to push!" Loki seethed.

I heard loads of cursing and name calling before the door was slammed shut. My breathing hitched. I could hear Loki and Argo on the other side of the door asking Flynn to open the door, but I heard no movement made towards it. I put my hand over my mouth to stop my loud panicked breathing.

I heard him moving about the room mumbling to himself. I racked my brain for any way out of this mess but came up with nothing. Was this how I was to die? At the hands of a mad half mermaid pirate?

I should've never left home. I should have never gotten aboard this ship. And I most definitely wish I had never laid eyes on Captain Flynn Gaige.

I peeked over the blanket and laid eyes on his muscular back as he stood at his desk looking through papers. I slowly slid of the bed, careful not to make a single sound. I rolled onto the floor and under the bed.

I let out a breath of relief. I could just sleep under here for the night and sneak out in the morning. I moved to turn onto my back when I realized the sheets were tangled up in my legs.

I stifled a gasp and began untangling them as quickly as possible. I was nearly complete when I glanced up and saw two black boots inches away from my face. I held my breath willing myself to be invisible. I waved my hand in front of my face. No luck, I was still visible.

Flynn sat on the bed and began taking of his boots, the scent of feet wafting up my nose. I made up my face in a look of absolute disgust.

After his boots were off, Flynn laid completely on the bed. Hopefully he was going to sleep now so that I could sneak out. Relief flowed through me.

"Where'd those sheets get to?' I heard him mumble. Then out of nowhere I started being dragged from under the bed.

"What in damnation?" Flynn mumbled as he continued to pull on the sheets pulling me along with it. I quickly looped the sheet over my hair, attempting to hide it.

Finally he pulled me out. He jumped away from me, shock on his face, "Aiden? What the hell are you doing under my bed? And why are you wearing my sheets?" Flynn asked in an angry tone.

"Well I was cleaning under the bed and I fell asleep. Sorry captain, I'll be on my way." I turned and rushed to the door.

A hard grip on my shoulder stopped me in my tracks, "Aiden! I'll be needing my sheets, then you can go me an aberration elsewhere."

He began pulling them off me, "Wait Captain, I...I have a head wound and I need the sheets to stop the bleeding." I supplied quickly.

"Are you mad? Take them off immediately, I'll not have the blood of a bastard cabin boy on my sheets!" he roared and with one pull, yanked the sheets off my head.

My hair came loose falling to my waist. Flynn stared at me with a blank look saying nothing. Then out of nowhere the door was slammed open, "Captain, Loki's fainted!" Argo rushed in breathlessly holding a seemingly unconscious Loki in his arms.

He looked at me and my hair, his eyes widening causing him to drop Loki in surprise.

"Ow! What the-", Loki paused as his eyes swept over me, "Well I guess we were a little too late huh Argo?" Loki said mockingly.

"You three have one minute to explain this before I throw you all overboard, best mates or not." Flynn spat out threateningly.

Thanks for reading! Leave me a vote if you liked the chapter. Feedback is appreciated too.