Brilliance

Picture of Indie to the right

Sarasvati POV

I walked out of the water and smiled at me legs. They were back. I twisted some of the water out of my hair and followed the boot prints left in the sand. I just hoped Zintarrah and Addie were fine.

I shivered as the cool air hit my naked wet body. But clothes were the last things on my mind. If there was truly a mutiny happening, Argo could be hurt. The heart wrenching thought had me wishing my legs faster.

I tried to run, but being without my legs for so long made me unusually clumsy and slow. The sand was not helping much either. I pushed my wobbly legs as fast as they could go without me falling over. As I finally made my way to the trees, I sent a silent prayer to the sea goddess begging her assistance as I pushed through the wild bushes.

******

Adeline POV

I dragged Castor’s unbearably heavy body out of the water with the help of Blondie. My throat ached as I took in deep breaths.  I hadn’t been under long, but that didn’t stop me from swallowing a load of seawater. My throat burned with every breath I took as I strained my arms lugging Castor onto the sand.

How did he find me? Was this pure coincidence or was he looking for me? I stared at his face as we rested him down and collapsed on the sand catching our breath. The years had been good to him. He had left home a scrawny boy with midnight hair so like my own but returned with brown hair kissed by the sun and muscles that rivaled Flynn’s. He had even grown a lot taller.

“Who is this man?” Blondie asked from the other side of him.

I arched a brow at her curiosity, “My brother, what do you care?”

She ran her hand over his face gently, almost like a caress, “He is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen” she murmured. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I was already used to girls fawning over Castor, Blondie’s infatuation didn’t faze me.

“We need to go find the captain and the others. The may be in danger.” I said ignoring her odd caressing of my brother’s face.

She waved a hand at me, “You go. I shall stay and guard him until he wakes up” she said in a daze.

 I stomped my foot gaining her attention, “I am not leaving my brother in the hands of a siren while he is unconscious.” Her blue eyes stared me down.

“I have no reason to harm him. I am not hungry and he is not bleeding, he will be fine.” She stated.

I wrung my hands trying to make a decision. If I stayed here, Flynn and the others were at risk, but if I left, the siren could eat my brother and then just swim merrily on her way.

“Will you make sure he is safe if any men from that ship over there come ashore looking trouble?” I pleaded.

Blondie’s eyes lit up, “I will guard him with my life” she said solemnly.