"There's too much going on."

Brooke's POV:

Right in front of me was Amber, unconscious. She looks so pale. Like if she's dead. She has bandages on her body. I never wanted to see Amber like this. If she died, I don't know what I'll do. We've been best friends for too long to let it end this early.

"Amber." I sighed, sitting in a chair that was next to the bed.

"She's gonna be okay. She's a strong girl." Austin said, sitting down next to me.

"Thank you, Austin." We both looked confused, until we saw Amber smile at us.

"AMBER!" I yelled, pulling her into a hug.

"You looked so pale. I thought you were dead." I said, pulling out of the hug.

"Yeah, I know. My mom says that I always look like that when I'm unconscious." Amber smiled.

"Speaking of my mom, where is she?" Amber looked around the room.

"Your mom was injured badly. They have to give her surgery." Amber's eyes immediately started to fill up with tears.

"It's gonna be okay." Austin sat down next to her on the little hospital bed.

"There's too much going on. First, I was choked in the girls bathroom a school. Then you were in a coma. Then I have a broken leg from a hit and run. Then someone broke into my house and tried to kill everyone. Then I end up getting hit in the head with a glass bottle. Then my mom needs surgery because of this asshole. What's next? I know, he'll come after you, Brooke. Hopefully it's not true. He's trying to kill everyone that's close to me. My mom, my boyfriend, and it's gonna be you next."

Shit! She right. Whoever this asshole is, he's gonna come after me next. School isn't really safe, so I guess I have to be home schooled. I need a gun or something to keep me safe if I'm somewhere alone. I can't die young. I just can't. No one wants to die young.

"Brooke? Are you okay?" Amber questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just too much to go through at a young age."

"I know, but as long as we're together, we can make it through." Amber pulled both me and Austin into a group hug.

"Ms. Davies?" The doctor was leaning against the doorframe.

"What is it?" Amber smiled.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but your mom passed away." He said. Amber got up from the bed and grabbed her crutches before leaving the room.

"AMBER!" I called after her. I followed her until she stopped into a room. When I walked inside, it was her mom. Amber started sobbing while holding her mom's hand.

"It's gonna be okay, Amber." I'm so stupid. Why would I say that? Of course it's not gonna be okay.

"I just wanna leave." Amber left the room and I followed behind her. She passed her room and left the hospital. I stood in front of her before she could go any further.

"What's wrong with you, Amber? Aren't you going to say goodbye to your mom?" I asked her.

"I'm tired, Brooke. I'm turd of crying. I'm tired of waking up in the hospital. I'm tired of everything. I'm a good person. Yeah, I make mistakes, but that's what makes me human. I don't deserve non of this, Brooke. I cried my eyes out for the past few days. Now, I'm way more pissed than I am sad." Amber said. Not one tear came down her face.

"Is everything okay?" Austin was standing behind Amber.

"No. Everything is messed up. I don even know why all of this is happening right now." Amber hissed at Austin.

"How about you stay at my house until you feel more comfortable to go back to your house?" I offered. That's all I can do for her. Hugging her won't change her mind. Talking to her won't change her mind. This is all I can offer.

"I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable in my own house again, but yeah. I'll stay with you. Can you help me to the car?" Amber asked Austin. I grabbed her crutches and Austin picked her up bridal style. We got in my car and drove to my house.

When we arrived, I tossed my keys on the table and we all went upstairs in my bedroom.

"Here's some pjs. These are better to sleep in than a hospital gown." I tossed Amber a pair of purple pjs. She grabbed her crutches and went in the bathroom. I jumped on the bed while Austin sat at my computer desk.

"Why is all of this happening right now?" I asked him.

"I don't know." Austin sighed.

"It feels like we're in the Pretty Little Liars show." Amber came in the room.

"If it is, then I call being Hanna." I joked.

"I call being Toby." Austin joked. Amber laughed and sat on his lap.

"And I'll be your Spencer." She kissed him on the cheek. Aww! They're just too cute.

While we were talking about random things, my phone rang. I got up from the bed and went in the bathroom to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered.

There was no respond. All I heard was breathing.

"If this is a joke, go prank call someone else." I hung up and sat back down on the bed.

"Who was that, Brooke?" Amber asked, looking worried.

"Some person wants to breath on the phone, so I hung up." I spat. I get irritates by prank calls so much. They're stupid and immature.

"Oh." Amber sighed.

We started talking about stuff again, and that number called me again.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Look outside." A deep creepy voice demanded.

"Who the hell are you?" I hissed. Once again, I hear nothing but breathing. I hung up again.

I looked outside the window, and a person was standing outside in a hoodie.

__________________________________

Sorry for the late update, I've been busy. I'll update as much as I can.

BAD NEWS!! I'm gonna be deleting one or two stories because I can't update that much. I'll put them back up once I can update them regularly instead of updating them late. Btw I'm not deleting this story.

Thanks for reading!!!!