"Forget Austin. I'm your boyfriend now."

Lucas's POV:

I grabbed the phone from Amber and tossed it on the floor.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna keep you safe from now on." I whispered.

"Thank you." She gave me a peck on the lips before going to sleep. I sat there looking at the ceiling. Thinking about what just happened. I know she misses them, but I can keep her more safe. I won't let anyone hurt her. I'm hers, and she's mine. Yeah, I might be two years older than her, but it doesn't matter that much. There's plenty of couples that has age differences. I really do like her. She's the perfect girl for me. As I was thinking about everything, I drifted off to sleep.

Austin's POV:

"Did Amber really choose that pervert over me? I gave her everything, and she just broke up with me like that. I've been by her side ever since this guy is after her. I'm still gonna be there for her. I don't care if she doesn't wanna talk to me anymore. I promised that ill keep her safe no matter what." I said, speeding down the highway.

"Slow down, Austin! You're gonna get us killed!" Brooke nervously yelled.

"I can't, Brooke." I hissed, going even faster. Right when I went faster, the police were behind me flashing there lights.

Oh shit!

I stopped the car and waited for the cop to come.

"Damnit, Austin! I told you to slow down!" Brooke yelled.

"Sorry, Brooke." I apologized.

"No, you're not sorry. You knew exactly what you were doing, and now we got pulled over by the fucking cops!" She frustratedly said. I can see the cops walking towards the car from the rearview mirror. I rolled down my window when I saw him standing near my window.

"License and registration please." He flashed his light in my face. Damn their flashlights are bright as hell. It felt like I was looking at the sun.

"This isn't my car, sir." I said.

"Who's is it?" He asked.

"It's mine." Brooke reached over me and gave him her license and registration. He scanned the both of them before giving them back to Brooke.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to give you a ticket, Brooke." he wrote something something on a piece of paper before ripping it out and giving it to Brooke. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the amount on the ticket thing.

"What?!" Brooke screamed.

"Why isn't this dumbass getting a ticket? I'm wasn't even driving!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but this is your vehicle." The cop apologized.

"Fuck you and this fucking ticket!" Brooke yelled before throwing the ticket at him. He stood there quiet for a while, until we walked over to Brooke's side.

"Get out of the car, ma'am." he calmly said.

"Hell no!" She screamed in his face.

"Brooke." I warned her. She could end up in jail if she doesn't listen to him."

"Don't fucking talk to me, Austin! You made me get a fucking ticket just because you're pissed about Amber." She spat. The cop opened the door and grabbed Brooke by the arm and handcuffed her.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" The cop read her the Miranda Rights.

"Damn." I muttered to myself. The only person I can count on right now is Amber. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Amber's number. It rang one time before it went to voicemail.

Lucas's POV:

Amber and I were sound asleep, until Amber's phone rang. I slowly moved out of the bed, trying not to wake up Amber. I grabbed the phone from the floor and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where's Amber?" Austin asked, getting straight to the point.

"Not with you." I joked.

"Where the fuck is Amber!?" Austin yelled through the phone.

"It's none of your concern anymore. Listen, if you try to contact or even be face to face with her, I'll beat the shit out of you. Got that?" I threatened him. There was no respond. Then the phone hung up.

"Why did you do that?" Amber asked with her sleepy voice.

"Because he's just calling you just to talk you into getting back together with him." I said, laying back down next to Amber.

"What if someone was in trouble or hurt? Lucas, I might not be with him anymore, but I still care about his safety. Brooke's too." She got up from the bed and went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

"Amber open up." I knocked on the door softly. The door swung open.

"Why couldn't I talk to him? You can't do that! There could be something wrong with Austin." She yelled in my face.

"Forget about Austin. I'm your boyfriend now." She was taken back by what I said.

"Excuse me?" She looks even more pissed. I shouldn't have said it like that.

"I'm sorry, Amber. Okay? I just wanna keep you safe, and having contact with Austin or Brooke will have that guy come after you." I explained to her.

"I've been dealing with this guy before Brooke and Austin knew." she crossed her arms.

"The point that I'm trying to make is that I can keep you safe when you're around me. They can't keep you safe." I pulled her into a hug. Surprisingly, she hugged back.

"You're right." She whispered into my shoulder. While we hugged for what felt like an hour, there was a knock at the door.

"I got it. Stay in here. Okay?" I looked deeply into her chocolate brown eyes. She nodded in respond and sat down on the bed.

I walked to the door and opened it. The police were standing there.

"May I help you with something?" I asked them.

"Are you Lucas Payne?" One of the cops asked.

"Yeah."

"You are under arrest." The cop turned me around and handcuffed me.

__________________________________

Didn't see that one coming. Did you? I've been getting message from amazing people telling me to update. So, I'm gonna be updating as much as I can.

Thanks for reading! :)