Chapter 23

Hey guys! Since I've started school, updates are gonna be a little slower. But imma update when I can. Anywho, hope y'all enjoy this chapter. (:

----------

Tyrone

When I walked inside of the house, Devon was still laid out on the couch like he was two hours ago. I threw my keys down in the key dish and took off my jacket. On the real, I'm kinda scared to go my room cause I know Mel is still awake and she's most likely still fuming. Guess I'll talk to Devon for a minute.

"Yo son, what the hell happened tonight? Ole girl came in here mad as hell, she almost knocked my ass" Devon says looking at me as I enter the living room

"Man Erica and Deyjah jumped her" I sigh loudly and run my hand over my head. I still can't get over the fact they laid hands on her.

"I knew her messy ass was gone try some shit like that, man you know how Erica operates. You should've been checked her ass earlier today in the mall" He preaches to me

"Bruh how the hell was I suppose to know she was gone pull some shit like that!?" I ask angrily. Why everybody putting the blame on me? I can't see into the future, I didn't know this shit was gone pop off.

"Tyrone, you know how Erica gets down. Come on now, y'all go way back. I'm not saying you knew she was gonna put her hands on Melanie, but you knew she had to have something up her sleeve" He flips through the channels on the tv while talking to me. It didn't seem like he was surprised that Erica pulled something like that. And if he isn't surprise, then why am I?

"Well it happened, and I don't know how to fix it" I say honestly. He put the remote down and looked at me.

"Go back there and talk to your girl my nigga. Stop being all scary and shit"

"Bruh when have you known me to me scared?" I ask him. I grew up in the Bronx, I learned shit the hard way. The word "scared" isn't in my vocabulary.

"Never, until now" He answers honestly, I nodded my head.

"I'm finna go talk to her, pray for me man" I turn around to walk out the living room

"Yo Ty, just in case you don't make it. I want you to know, I'll marry Melanie's fine ass for you and adopt y'all son" He says bursting out into laughter

"Man fuck you" I give him the middle finger and walk down the hall toward Melanie and I's bedroom, the door was closed so I took a deep breath and opened it while walking in.

Melanie was laying in bed rubbing her stomach in a circular motion, the tv was on but she wasn't paying any attention to it. It seemed like she was thinking heavy on something.

"You alright Mel?" I ask her as I sit down on the bed beside her.

Silence.

"Mel, come on talk to me" I grabbed ahold of her hand, but she quickly snatched it away.

"Did you know they were gonna jump me?" She asks me quietly

"What?" I ask

"You heard me" she replies while sitting up against the headboard. "Did you know they were gonna jump me?" she asks again

"Yo why would you ask me something like that? Hell no, I didn't know they were gonna jump you. If I did, don't you think I would've stayed with you 24/7 tonight!?" I say angrily. Does she really think imma put her in harm's way?

"I don't know, but I do know that those bum bitches but their hands on me, and in my opinion it's all your fault" She crosses her arms over her chest and looks at me.

"You serious right now?" I ask in total disbelief. This shit isn't adding up. I don't understand how this is my fault.

"Tyrone you knew your babymama was in Compton and you didn't say shit to me about it! Then out the fucking blue her and Deyjah wanna run up on me. Type of shit is that!?" Her nostrils were flaring, I could tell she was getting mad all over again.

"Melanie, I didn't know they was gonna do some shit like that! I'm not physic, I can't see into the fucking future! What the hell do you want from me!?" I yell. I'm done with this conversation, why can't we move forward from it?

What's done is done, I can't go back in time and change it.

"I want you to leave me alone! Shit, just leave me the hell alone" She got up and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

"Alright Mel cool, I'm gone!" I yell to her. I took the ring box out of my pocket and sit it on the bed. Maybe I shouldn't have bought her that shit. I walked out of the room, and down the hall.

"Yo I'm out, I'll be back tomorrow sometime" I tell Devon as I grab my keys

"Nigga what happened? You want me to come with you?" He asks standing up

"Naw, stay here with Melanie" I directed him. I don't want Mel to be here by herself all night.

"Man alright bruh, but call me later, don't get caught up in these streets" He warns me

"I'll be fine nigga, catch you later" With those final words, I walk out the front door closing the door behind me.

Tonight was suppose to be a fun, exciting night. But instead it was filled with drama, and me questioning my relationship with Melanie.

--------

This chapter was suppose to be up like freaking 3,000 years ago. Lmao. Sorry, I've been busy. But be on the lookout for another update sometime this weekend!

Thoughts on this chapter? Read, vote, and COMMENT. (: