Chapter 12

"Why is she not talking to any of us and just talking to you?" Scott asked Stiles.

"Well, I'm the only person who doesn't treat her like she's a psycho." Stiles replied.

"Who treats who like she's a psycho?" Isaac joined the convo.

"All of you. Mer." Stiles said with his duh tone.

"Oh.... We're not treating her like she's a psycho." Isaac was confused.

"Yeah. As if bringing her breakfast in bed is normal." Stiles said looking at Scott.

"I'm just nice." Scott was giving reasons.

"Yeah. You were only nice when you didn't tell her about Isaac and Allison?" Stiles was ironic.

"She knows?!" Isaac quietly shouted.

"Duh."

"Did you tell her?" Isaac asked.

"Well, I figured YOU told her, so I just figured she knew." Stiles smirked at Isaac.

"You know guys, I mastered my hearing:" Meredith came up to them.

"Oh...." Scott and Isaac said at the same time.

"And Stiles is right. I'm not some sort of an unstable hurt girl. And for some reason you treat me like I'm gonna kill myself. Why is that?" Mer fakely smiled.

"She's kinda right." Stiles intervened.

"You're on her side?" Isaac asked Stiles.

"Woah... We have sides right now?" Mer asked.

"I was wondering the same thing." Scott agreed.

"And if we do. Then I am on her side." Stiles was annoyed by Isaac.

"Wait. You like her, don't you?" Isaac said with 'I figured it out' tone.

"No." Stiles looked at Isaac, "Are you kidding me?"

"Stiles, let's go. We have to go learn things about my Delta werewolfitude." Mer smiled at him.

"Yeah... bye." Stiles waved at Scott and Isaac.

"Isaac is a dickhead." Mer said to Stiles.

"He's my friend, but yeap. He's pretty annoying lately." Stiles unwillingly admitted.

"You don't really like me, do you?"

Stiles gave Mer a blank look.

"I was kidding." Mer smiled.

"I know." Stiles smiled back at her, "Now listen to what I found. "A delta is the rarest form of a shapeshifter. It is a child of an alpha and a banshee."

"I knew that."

"But look at this. "It has full control on full moon. It can control other shapeshifters too." Stiles looked at Mer.

"What does it mean? Like I can ..." Mer knew what it meant, but she asked anyway.

"If you want it, they don't have to shift. They can't shift." Stiles was kinda scared.

"What else does it say?" Mer asked.

"And on full moons... You can control them. You have full control. They'll do anything you want. It's like they're ...."

"Mine." Meredith was terrified, "It's four o'clock. I have to go exercise with Derek. Bye."

Meredith was emotional. She was a beast basically. Someone that had to be stopped. What if she can't control herself? What if she kills someone?

"What's wrong?" Derek asked while they were exercising.

"Nothing." Mer said.

"I can see the look on your face." Derek smiled.

"It's just... What if I can't control myself? What if I kill someone?"

"That's why we're here, isn't it?" Derek didn't understand what the problem was.

"But what if I don't manage to control?"

"Hey, my mom used to say one thing: "If you're a predator doesn't mean you have to be a killer." You can get through this. That's why me, Chris Argent, Deaton are here."

"And Stiles." Mer smiled.

"And Stiles." Derek smiled back, "And I think we're done here. Get out of my loft. I'm kidding. But get out."

"Okay. See you tomorrow." Meredith walked out of the loft and realized one thing. She wants to get drunk.

"Double vodka, please." Mer ordered.

"How old are you?" The bartender asked.

"I'm 21. What seems to be the problem?"

"Nothing. Double vodka it is." The bartender smiled.

And then she ordered wine. And beer. And jager. She was kinda tipsy.

"You've been staring at me whole night." Mer started talking to a cute guy that was looking at her.

"You're a little drunk." The guy smiled.

"So are you." Mer smiled back.

"Fair enough." The guy said as they both started laughing.

"Look. You're just a guy in a bar. And I'm just a girl in a bar. So...:" Mer was kinda flirty.

"So.... What are you suggesting?" The guy got closer.

"What do you think I'm suggesting?" Mer got even closer.

"Yeah." The guy said and kissed her.

They were in a bathroom, making out. She felt free. But she was surely gonna regret it tomorrow.

"I don't even know your name." Mer started laughing.

"I'm Jackson." The guy said.

"I'm Meredith. Call me Mer." Mer said before she started kissing him again.

"Nice to meet you, Mer.."

Neither of them knew where the night was taking them. They didn't even care, to be honest. 'Cause he was just a guy in a bar.