Chapter 18

"Of course you don't feel the same." Stiles was kind of disappointed "I mean it's been a long time, I'm not sure of what I feel either."

"I'm glad we agree on this. So friends?" Mer smiled.

"Yeah. And btw, Malia is a great girl, we've been spooning for the last... well, since you, you know, had that long sleep." Stiles said, but he wasn't lying, of course he loves Mer, maybe a part of him always will, but maybe she's not right for him.

"I am glad to hear that. Have you been forking?" Mer teased Stiles.

"OH SHUT UP!" Stiles shouted through his laugh.

"Kidding." Mer said and then there was that awkward silence.

"God, Isaac needs to come back." Mer whispered.

"You miss him?" Stiles grinned.

"Well, define missing." Mer smirked.

. . . . .

"Isaac where the hell are you?" Mer called Isaac's phone while also screaming into the loudspeaker.

"Oh, wakey, wakey." Isaac was obviously drunk.

"How.. Where are you?"

"I'm actually really close to Beacon Hills." Isaac was mumbling.

"I'm coming to get you. I know where you are, you don't have to tell me." Mer was a little mad at Isaac.

.........

"Can you please concentrate on walking normally?" Mer asked Isaac.

"Nope." Isaac started laughing.

"You're so full of shit."

"I'm not full of shit. You're full of shit. You're a difficult one to handle." Isaac said everything that came to his mind.

"You handled me well." Meredith was kind of nostalgic for their relationship.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Isaac was a little more conscious.

"You never pressured me to do anything, I trusted you from day one. That actually scared me a little bit." Mer said as they sat on a bench.

"So that's why you ran away?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know. I mean. May.... I don't know. Maybe. I haven't figured it out yet." Mer said with a rather blank look on her face "And plus you were in love with Allison."

"Wow." Isaac was pissed off.

"What wow?" 

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"I don't want to. Maybe one day I will." Isaac smiled.

"Okay." Mer was serious.

"You hate me now." Isaac stated.

"I don't. Let's get you home. Beacon Hills awaits."

. . . .. 

"MEREDITH! You woke up. Oh sweetie, I missed you so much." Melissa said while she hugged Meredith. And then she saw Isaac "You're back Isaac? Oh my God, I'm so happy to see both of you."

"I'm glad to see you too. But I'm really tired." Isaac smiled.

"Well I slept for half a year, so I'm fine." Mer laughed.

"Don't wake Scott up." Melissa added.

Isaac didn't know how not to wake him, since he couldn't not make noise with that much alcohol in his blood.

"You can sleep in my room." Mer said.

"Okay. I'd love to sleep with you." Isaac smirked  "Kidding."

"Yeah, sure you are." Mer said ironically.

.....

Mer was sitting on her bed while Isaac's head was in her lap. They were talking and shewas playing with his hair.

"Hey... We painted this room together." Isaac's beautiful eyes shined when they met the moonlight.

"Yeah we did." Mer smiled.

"Fun times. The happies I've ever been." Isaac raised his brows.

"Really?" Mer asked surprised.

"Yeah. Us, everything working out great." Isaac closed his eyes.

"We were never in love, but God, we could have been." Mer whispered.

Isaac moved his head a little and said "I could have loved you forever, but you didn't let me."

"I think if we're meant to love each other, that we'll find a way. If we're supposed to be together, we will eventually find our way back." Mer said quietly.

"It's late." Isaac stated.

"It is. And we have school tomorrow." Mer slipped her fingers through Isaac's hair.

They just lied down and fell asleep before they even knew what tomorrow brings.