Chapter 1

Meredith was packing her suitcase. She couldn't believe all life has given her at only 17. As she got on her flight she started thinking. She never had a father, he left as soon as he found out her mom was pregnant. And her mom decided she would keep her baby, what did she know? She was 16 when she got pregnant. And now, her mom is gone too.

Her flight to California was over. She's staying with her aunt Melissa and her son Scott now. She's gonna live in a small place called Beacon Hills. She took a taxi to their house.  The last time Meredith saw Scott and his mom was when she was 7. They were really close, best friends actually. And now she's seeing him after 10 years.

When she got out of the taxi she looked around. Everything was exactly the same as she remembered it. Same houses, trees, people. Melissa opened the door, there was this expression on her face, Mer didn't know if it was grief or something else.

"I'm so glad to see you. I am so sorry. She really was an extraordinary person. I think everyone who knew her is greaving right now." Melissa said as she was hugging Meredith.

"It's fine aunt Melissa." Mer said, "Can we just not talk about it?"

It's been 4 weeks since she died. Meredith cried, grieved, but she was okay now. How fine can you be after your mom's death, but she was feeling better.

As she walked in the house, Mer saw Scott. He had the exact same face expression as his mom did.

Meredith didn't really feel like talking about her mom, so she just said "Missed me much?" with a half smile.

Scott said "Hey Mer! I missed you so much. I am so sorry for-"

"I know" Mer stopped him. "It's fine."

"Well, your room is upstairs. Second door on the right, you can't miss it. Settle in, dinner is almost ready." Melisaa interrupted.

"Thanks aunt Mel, where is the bathroom?" Mer asked.

"First door on the left." Melissa replied.

Mer found her room, unpacked her stuff. "Oh, crap." she mumbled. She realized she forgot to bring her PJs. She didn't know what to do, so she realized she should take Scott's shirt to sleep in it.

She opened the door of Scott's room but didn't know where the light is. "Well, crap." she mumbled.

But it wasn't completely dark, she could still see where the closet was. She opened the closet and took the first shirt she saw. As she turned around she heard a random noise. Mer realized she wasn't alone. Her heart was beating fast and then a guy walked up behind her. She was terrified.

"AAAAH, WHO ARE YOU?!" Mer screamed.

"WHO ARE YOU?" the guy said.

"NO, WHO ARE YOU?" Mer insisted.

Scott quickly walked in the room asking what's going on. As Scott turned the lights on, Mer could see the guy clearly. He was a tall guy, with green eyes and light brown hair and a really defined facial bone structure.

"WHO IS HE?!" Mer asked.

"He's my friend, Isaac. He lives with us." Scott replied.

"AND WHO'S SHE?" Isaac said.

"She's my cousin, Mer. She lives with us. I forgot to mention it ,I guess." Scott replied.

"Why does he live with you? Doesn't he have a house or someting?" Mer continued.

"I don't have parents. Both gone" Isaac said.

"Wow, we should make a club and name it 'Orphans'." Mer answered.

Both Scott and Isaac looked at her thinking WTF.

"That was an inappropriate joke. Sorry. It wasn't funny at all." Mer said awkwardly.

"No, it's funny actually." Isaac said laughing.

Scott didn't get how that was funny so he just said "Dinner is ready, so... Umm, yeah."

After their meal Mer said  "Oh my god, that was so good."

"I'm glad you like it, sweetie." Melissa replied. "And by the way, tomorrow we are decorating your room the way you want it to be."

"That's awesome. But if you don't mind me, I'll go to sleep right now. I guess that flight exhausted me." Mer said

"No problem. Sweet dreams." Melissa said.

When Mer got into her bed, it took her seconds to fall asleep. She was exhausted. Not only because of the flight, because of everything that has happend toher too.