Chapter 2

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ Chapter 2 ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

The three of us entered the room and waited for the doctor to come and take my x-rays. I was a little nervous to get my foot touched since it hurt but I knew I had to get it checked out.

"So tell us about yourself Gaby?" Liam says taking a seat next to me on the big hard bed. I thought for a moment then decided I'd tell them about my job.

" I work in a bakery down the street from here. It's actually really popular" I say proud that I work somewhere that is well known.

"Oh yeah, me and the boys have been there lot's of times" Dani says taking the other seat next to me on the bed.

Just as Liam was about to say something an old looking woman walked in with a pink clip board in her wrinkled little hands. Her name tag read "Mrs.Anderson."

" Hello Gaby, before we can check out your foot we need your parents to fill out these forms" she says handing Liam two pieces of white paper.

"Oh, their not my parents" I say and she gave me a confused look."It's a long story, but is it okay if I just fill them out?" I ask and she nodded.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your x-rays" she said and left the room leaving me to fill out the two white papers.

The room fell silent as I concentrated on the papers. One asked how old are you? How many times have you visited the hospital? What year were you were born in? And who is your legal guardian?

I flew through the papers and finished them in under 10 minutes. I looked up to see both Liam and Danielle reading over my shoulder.

"Your only 15 years old?" Liam asked confused and I laughed at his facial expression.

"Yeah, people say I have a baby face" I say and they both agreed that I looked much younger than I actually was.

The doctor came in shortly after that and I handed her the two white papers and she slipped them under the clasp of the clip board.

"Ready?" she asked and I nodded carefully sliding onto the blue wheelchair in front of me. I was really scared! What if the doctor doesn't really like me and is gonna-

"We'll see you when you get back" Dani says and I smiled at them giving them a small wave as the doctor wheeled me away. Oh gosh, here we go!

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈Liam's P.O.V≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Me and Danielle sat on the hard white bed waiting for Gaby to come back. She was really sweet and I knew Dani had a strong attachment to her as did I. The boys would probably lov-

" May I speak to one of you two outside?" the doctor asked as she wheeled in a crying Gaby. Me and Dani rushed to her side trying to calm her down.

"What happened?!?" I almost shouted standing up to question the doctor. She seemed taken back so I quickly apologized and she said it was fine before taking me outside of the room. "What happened?" I asked more calmly.

"Well, while we were looking at Gaby's x-rays it turns out that she had previous bruises formed there already, but the crazy part of this situation is that she had bruises ALL OVER her body!" she says and my eyes popped of of their sockets." She confessed that her dad abuses her" she continued and I almost started crying.

"What's gonna happen to her?" I croaked out and she frowned looking down.

"Were gonna have to send her to an orphanage" the doctor says and I broke down but quickly calmed myself down because of an awesome idea that popped into my head.

"I'll adopt her!" I say and she nodded excitedly.

" I'll go get the papers!" she says cheerfully and I squealed like a little girl. I really hope Danielle won't get mad at me for not asking her first!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to make it long but I promise I'll try to make the next chapter longer and better! Love you all!

~Gaby <3