Chapter 14- Grieve

My hands dug into the soft soil beneath them softly as I inhaled a whiff of fresh air deeply. My eye lids locked and I forced myself to relax within nature.

The clouds loomed above me in a rain promising fog that got me anxious. I was waiting for the rain to shower the ground and carry me away clean.

I focused on breathing to pump up more oxygen into my blood cells, hopefully brightening up my halted brain as if begging for some room to catch up. It was contaminated with so much fantasy, with so much horrible fiction novels contents coming true. I knew the three supernatural creatures were around and staring, waiting, but I didn't care. I could at least deserve a moment of peace before I catch up with more.

A heavy breeze blew against my face, sticking strands of loose hair to my cheek. They tickled my face slightly, but my lips stretched admiring the air and anticipating another blow. It was so fresh and warm against my chest.

I was a destined gem fallen to earth. The lucid blue. I was all that that crystal holds. I am that crystal. It wasn't all power or glory. I was just here set for a mission. Only there angles knew what came next. It was still not about me, though. It wasn't like a forsaken gift. It was for a purpose.

I had difficulty taking it in, but it wasn't difficult to cope. It didn't feel like I could walk away from it. No matter how much I thought of home, I didn't get pulled away from the intriguing force that pushed me towards the tempt to not fear. Everything that’s happened was for a reason. It was like the headaches and the agony that has been my body language for a while, was a way to adapt me physically, furthermore, they were signs. I could feel that it was something fishy from the night I found the necklace.

The vampire I killed was the beginning of the road, his purpose was to get myself exposed to their kind and myself. Indeed I was up for testimony before the night when the other vampires found out about the necklace. The only bluff was that to Silvia it was all scripted. Haroon just followed, not bothering with any questions. His kind were never to ask, just to obey.

I stood up on my feet eventually and rubbed my dusted hands against each other, the dust falling off. I looked around the forest facing each of their faces as they encircled me. Silvia as tall and elegant as ever, her long white dress too bright against the dark as it danced with the wind. On the contrary, Haroon stood a mile away from her, coated in black, his face not existing, just a mere shadow, barely visible at dark. Zachary stood at her other side, gaze on me like the rest. His green shirt--a darker shade than that of the leaves--clung to his torso complementally as his dark jeans faded with the dark. His hands clenched lightly with the thumbs popping out, like they always did. A shunned part of my brain pathetically played random memories with him around, pacing them through my vision in an unfathomable blur.

I flicked my eyes away catching Silvia as she turned and made way, rushing us to move silently. A new journey has begun. No lies and no Ian, but a new member instead. They turned away, heeding the direction of our destination. Silvia lead the way, myself right on toe.

A shredding sound cut through the air shortly just when heavy arms snacked me off my feet throwing me off to the air. I stretched my legs in a glide, landing on soft fur. My breath caught up for a second, but the wolf accelerated causing me to lean forwards and grip it's mahogany fur between my fists. Then Haroon pushed past, my eyes glued to his back for a moment before Silvia became a speeding blur that got lost between the trees. Her white dress flowing behind her ever so brightly. She looked like a shooting start coming across the woods. Haroon sped up too behind her.

The wolf I rod increased the pressure he applied on the earth in a single leap before the air blew against my face harshly trying to peal the skin off, my eyes dry of fluid I squeezed them tightly and gripped the wolf for dear life I thought I heard him yelp. I thought his paws never touched the ground again as we blurred too against the wind, my loose pony tale sliding further off my hair. For a moment then I found it extremely hard to breath. We moved too fast for my senses to acclimate. My lungs burned and my heart pounded against my chest. I forced myself to acquire, feeling faint.