Chapter 9- Not paranoia, trust me.

Clutching the formula sheet tightly with my shaky hands, I read out each formula thoroughly. Thick Sweat beads slid down my creased forehead continuously just like the heavy rain that dripped outside the school building noisily. It was Math test today.

"All you need before a math test is a good night sleep. Your brain needs to be fresh and widely opened," I remembered this sentence since 6th grade. It stayed there as a background every time I read the date of the math test in the test schedule.

And last night was terrible. Just remembering it made me quake. The headache was fixed at the part just above my left ear. I'm not even sure if I could call it a headache. It was some weird source of a wordless weakening agony. It tore my being apart for too long that I didn't even feel it when I fell asleep pressed to the bed border on the floor.

I definitely didn't sleep well. My brain was most certainly not clear and fresh. Which--according to my math theory-only meant one thing; my sorry ass is busted today.

"Wow, nice hair cut, Ian," I heard Cass' faraway voice complement him as I neared the whole where the exam should be conducted. Lifting my head up, I saw almost all of the crew standing just beside the door.

"Great, just great. We have Math and you were busy fixing your hair. I thought I told you to immediately go to bed!" I scolded him hastily. Through my sentence stealing a couple of glances at the paper in my hand to revise that last equation that I always seem to forget.

"It was 6pm, Ray," I know he rolled his eyes. His tone was painfully curt proving how much he was still upset with me. I won't argue about it, I have more important things to worry about. Like hopefully not flunking this test.

He was practically upset with me for something that was far beyond my will. I didn't want to leave him after all these years, but my parents had to. They made a decision to go back to England for good. Frankly they had it planned for over a year, but just like always Ian and I were the last to know. Just two weeks before they were leaving. I would go too right after my exams are over. Which is a matter of a week away . For now I crashed into Ian's residence, but as soon as the tests were over his father would send us to my parents in Scotland.

Ian didn't mind spending the vacation there, but he looked forward to what would happen after the vacation was over. He would come back here to live with his father, but I would stay. We didn't know that for sure, but he refused to look at the situation from any other angle. We've been on tight terms since my birthday.

My birthday. My brain went a little heavy before I shook it off.

It was a surprise birthday party that Ian and the others along with my parents had planned. Quite fun and exactly what I needed after a sum up on three months of depression. I'm most certainly not proud to say so. I got the car, my dream car! And now that I think back to it; it was the day right before Ian decided to go all moody on me. It was a blast, they actually sang me a song. Other than the birthday one I mean.

Everyone was gone when I went up to my room seeking a long loving bath and a deep welcoming sleep that I dearly hoped this new year would allow me to finally have. I was beyond hopeful. My vision caught a small box lying at the edge of my bed. It was a terrible shade of lucid blue, not decorated-it absolutely looked like whomever sent it acted no effort on it whatsoever. With a suspicious look I started towards the box and opened it in a half-hast. I opened the square shaped box easily to reveal a silver chain. A blue cylindrical five centimeter crystal with a pointy edge--hung from the chain. On reaching out for the simple but beautiful long chain, a note sized piece of paper fell to the floor. I kneeled for it and read it's content. Hand typed was a short sentence that made me stiffen a little before I frowned; Wear it. You'll need it.