Chapter Eighteen

Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. I enjoyed writing it, and loved how Georgia gained so much confidence to backchat John. Speaking of her, I have no idea why she's named Georgia. Oh well. 

Enjoy!

And don't forget to vote and comment. I love feedback!!!

P.S Check out the song to the right. It reminds me of Hale and Georgia so much!!!!

__________________________ ♡ ✡ ♋ __________________________

No one talked. Even John looked shocked at what he'd done, but composed himself after my mum's head dropped to the ground. Hale's hold tightened on me, keeping me from thrashing out, and my dad stared at the floor, restraining the tears that were fighting to get out.

I hadn't wanted this to happen, I didn't want my mother to die. It was just wrong. He'd took one of the most important people away from me, and he'd crushed my heart.

But then I thought, John wants to break Hale, and by breaking me, Hale will obviously start to fall apart. That's why my mum is dead.

Was I right?

Just in case I was, I lightly took Hale's hands off my waist, and planted them at his side. I smiled calmly at him, then looked back at John.

"So you can go now?" I asked politely, smiling like a little girl.

"Excuse me?" Both John, Hale and my dad gave me weird looks, but John was the only one who replied.

"You've had your 'fun'. Now you can leave." I said, adding harshness in my tone.

"I've just killed your mother and you aren't upset?"

"Who wouldn't be?" I replied. "You said you'd let my parents go if I came here-"

"-Alone."

"I think we're even, now. I called for Hale and you killed my mother. Now leave."

"Okay, okay. We're even. I'll see you in a week. Be prepared, Evans. Looks like we have a feisty one in our hands!" He clasped his hands together and brushed past us.

"I'll make sure he actually leaves." Hale whispered.

I nodded, and once he left, I ran over to my dad and began to untie him, ripping the tape off his mouth.

"I'm so sorry, dad. This shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have gotten you into this. I shouldn't..." My voice was muffled when he pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Everything is going to be ok, princess. I promise." He stroked the back of my head as his tears fell onto my shoulder. We then began to sob in each others arms.

"I should've been able to save her." I whispered, pulling back to look at him.

"It isn't your fault, Georgia. Now lets get you out of here, you clearly don't want to see your mother." Dad guided me out of the basement and into the living room, where Hale was standing. "You can sort this out, right?"

Hale looked up at my dad. "Yes, some members from my pack are heading over now."

"Y-You have to come home with us, dad. You'll be safe with Hale." I stammered, interrupting their conversation.

"If that's okay with Hale, then of course I will sweet heart." He said kissing my forehead. Hale nodded, and I smiled. At least he'd be safe. "But for now we need to get you out of here. You look dead."

"Thanks dad." I mumbled sarcastically, going out of the house.

"I'll wait here until some of my pack arrive, just in case."

I turned and gave Hale a small smile. "Talk later?"

"Of course." A smile covered his face, but I could tell it was fake. He was covering up because my dad was here. Hale was clearly mad at me for not waking him up and coming here alone. Maybe my dads life would've been taken if Hale had came.

I'm lucky I still had a parent alive.

"Come on, Georgia." Dad pushed me into the car, and that's when I realised I'd been staring at Hale whilst I was thinking.

I aimlessly stumbled into the drivers side, buckling my seat belt and starting up the engine.

My dad came in not long after, finishing his conversation with Hale saying a simple goodbye and thank you.

"What were you two talking about?" I asked once he shut the door and I'd driven away.

"I told him not to be mad at you for coming alone." Dad shrugged, fastening his belt. "Honey, you're speeding. Please be careful."

I loosened my hold on the acceleration pedal and frowned, "How did you know he was mad at me?"

"It was kind of obvious. If he goes to your school he needs some extra lessons, my dear."

I smiled inwardly, that's where I got my suspicious attitude from. "What else did you say?"

"I asked him what he would've done if he was in your situation." He said looking out of the window.

"And he said..."

"He would've done the same. So now he has no reason to be mad at you." Dad smirked at me, dusting of his hands in Hale's expensive car.

"Thanks dad." I muttered shyly.

"Don't thank me, you saved my life."

"You don't even seem sad." I stated, looking at him for a brief second.

"I'm the type of person that likes to forget and move on. Obviously I'm upset that your mother has past away, but I'm going to be strong until I realise that she's not there to make her famous roast potatoes and veg meal." I chuckled at his comment. He was adding humour to our conversation, lightening the mood. His small laugh made me forget about what had only happened twenty minutes ago or so.

"I'm glad you're still here though, dad. If I'd lost both of you I don't know how I'd cope." My voice cracked again.

"Hale would help you. You know he'll always be there. You saw how fast he got to our house. He was worried about you, and he always will be unless your in his arms. His job is to protect you, and he wasn't able to do that. That's why he was mad; he couldn't protect you from John." A small 'oh' left my lips as we pulled up in front of Hale's house. "But seriously Georgie, you should've saw your face when you called for him. You looked so constipated it was un-"

"-Okay, dad, I get it." I got out of the car and headed straight inside of Hale's house.

Dad followed behind, shutting the door and following me into the kitchen.

"Fancy a cup of tea? Coffee?" I asked, nearing the kettle.

"I think I'd rather have a vodka."

"Well."

Four hours later was when the front door opened and Hale walked in. Dad had went to bed about an hour ago, after I told him I'd wait up for Hale. I didn't even know what time it was, but I knew it was well after three in the morning and it was hard to keep my eyes open.

"Hi." I whispered after I'd stood up from the sofa and walked into the hallway.

"Hey." He replied.

"How'd it go?"

"They're keeping her body in the pack house for now, and bringing Paul's things over. I imagine he's staying here for a while." Hale said flatly, walking past me and into the kitchen.

"I am really, really sorry for not telling you that I'd gone, Hale. I just... I just didn't want to risk the chance of losing both of them. If I had told you they could both be dead and losing my mother is enough. I'm so sorry." I was sobbing into my hands, resting on the counter with my face turned away from Hale.

"Hey, don't cry." Two arms snaked around my waist as I was pulled into Hale's chest. "I'm not mad."

"You're not?" I turned around and faced him, wiping a tear from my eye.

"After your dad and I had a small conversation it dawned on me that you came alone for your parents and my own protection. And I would've done the same. I was only upset because I couldn't-"

"-Protect me." I finished, melting under his gaze. Hale's hair was a bit messy from the amount of times he'd pulled his hands through it, his lips were plump, and eyes were gazing into mine, keeping me from moving.

"How did you know what I was going to say?" He asked, a frown appearing on his face.

I smoothed it out. "Let's just say my dad lectured more than one person than you tonight." I murmured. "You can tell he cares about you. Even if you're a big arsed shifter that could throw him to Australia, he cares. So much." I whispered at the end, stroking a piece of stray hair and tucking it behind his ear.

"I'm glad I made a good first impression." He smiled genuinely, making me chuckle.

"My dad always told me when I was little that when I grew up, I would find a man that would make all of my hopes and dreams come true. He said this man will be big and strong, and that fate will bring the two of us together. When we were in here, and after a couple of shots of vodka, my dad said that I'd found that man, and that fate had brought us together-"

"You're cheating on me?" Hale gasped.

"No, it's you silly." I swatted his shoulder. "In anyways, I just wanted to tell you how lucky I feel to have you. I have to be the happiest girl on the planet, because I know I have you to protect me. And next week, or if its sooner, we will beat John. I will kill him. We will get through this together. And then we'll live the happy life with our pack."

"Wow."

"What?" I asked.

Hale just smiled in response. It had to be one of the most happiest, biggest, prettiest smiles that I had ever seen in my entire life.

"Firstly, I hadn't expected that at all. Secondly," he placed a kiss on my lips. "You are the greatest mate a shifter could have. And finally, I love you. And we will get through this together."

"I love you too." I heard myself blurt out dreamily. Truth is, I did. Most guys would've just instantly used that against you. But Hale didn't. He took all of the information in, and said something even more heart warming.

"You do know its like five in the morning, right?" Hale whispered softly, catching my attention again. His hands were still wrapped around my waist, and I could've stayed there forever.

"As long as I'm with you I don't care what time it is."

"That is so terribly cliché, Georgie."

"I know." I groaned into his chest, hiding my bright red face.

"I think someone is tired." Hale said in a babyish tone, pulling my shoulders so I had to look at him.

"That someone thinks so too." I grumbled quietly, rubbing my tired eyes. I hadn't realised how much sleep I'd been missing, and yearned for Hale's bed desperately.

"Let's go to bed." Hale guided me upstairs, pulling me into bed with him. I kicked off my trainers and took off my bra, sighing into the now shirtless Hale lying beside me.

"Did you remember to lock the door?" I asked, sleepiness overtaking me.

"Of course I did, I'm not stupid."

I smiled, even though my eyes were closed and he couldn't see me. His arm made its way around my waist and I was pulled to his chest as I whispered, "Goodnight Hale."

"Goodmorning Georgia."