Chapter Ten

Remember to vote & comment if you want more!

__________________________ ♡ ✡ ♋ __________________________

I stood, frozen in my spot. The man standing only three metres away from me held a finger to his mouth, signalling for me to be silent. I couldn't form words, I couldn't scream, I couldn't even breathe.

"Nothing in here," Hale called from Imogen's room. "I'll check the other rooms."

I wanted to say come back, someone is in here. But the gun that was held in the man's right hand made me stop. One word and I'd be dead.

His finger curled, telling me to go over to him. I shook my head and his eyes began to turn black, his face hard.

And that was when I remembered that I could communicate with Hale through my mind. I wasn't stable enough to speak - even through my mind.

So I gave it my best shot, using all of my strength, and sent a distress signal to him.

In an instant, my mate was in the room, his eyes black and fists clenched. A loud growl rose from Hale's throat as he said, "what are you doing here?"

The man who held the gun stood up and stood in a position as if he was going to shoot.

"I'll ask again, what are you doing here?" Hale took a step forwards, and the man cowered back a little.

"John needs to see you," his, not so broken, voice said. This obviously meant that he was quite young.

"Well tell John that I don't want to see him. And if I were you, I would get out of here right now if you don't want your neck snapped," he spat the last part, walking closer to the boy, and even I stumbled back a little from the rage in his voice.

The ma- boy, I should say, ran to the door and I moved out of the way so he could get out. He dropped the gun and began running down the street.

I let a shaky breath leave my mouth and I became light headed.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that," Hale ruffled his hair and repeatedly took deep breaths.

"Who, was that?" I asked, shutting the door.

"I'll have to tell you later. But we need to go."

"Why?" I asked.

"They have Imogen."

"What are you doing?! Focus on the road instead of playing on your phone!" I shouted at him in the car.

"I'm calling someone."

"Who would you need to call right now?" I shouted again.

"You know that Carl guy that I 'made up'?"

"Yes..."

"Well he's real, and he's my Beta. We need back up if we're going to get your friend back," he said, typing.

"Oh, okay then."

"Hey, Carl?" Hale put the phone to his ear. "Back up on a BMW..."

I dazed off as he gave directions to his pack member. What if they kill Imogen? She's done nothing wrong, she doesn't deserve this.

"We'll get her back," Kale said, rubbing my leg for reassurance even though he was driving over one hundred miles per hour. "I promise."

I smiled, knowing that we'd find her now. I don't know how he'd do it, but he would. 

"Where is he going?" I asked, looking for the BMW.

"He's heading for John's main headquarter, downtown."

"Who's John?"

"John is Kacey's father," he said with disgust.

"Kacey..."

"'Carl'," he put in air bubbles.

"Oh, right. I remember that night."

"It was less than two days ago and you say it as if it was years ago. And you only remember the bad part? God," Hale's brows turned up as he smiled. 

"Love me or hate me," I retorted back, smiling to myself for coming up with a smart reply. "Love me or hate me."