Chapter Eight

Remember to vote & comment if you want more!

:)

__________________________ ♡ ✡ ♋ __________________________

I set the last plate of vegetables onto the table and wiped my hands on the apron I had put on. I walked over to the glass cupboard and received four wine glasses.

"I don't even like wine," I said to no one in particular.

"Me either," I heard from behind me, and turned to see Hale carving the chicken.

I pulled one of Imogen's wine bottles out of the fridge and poured a small amount into each glass; wine makes me tipsy very easily.

"So you can cook?" I asked once the table was fully set, including the meat.

"My mum taught me when I was younger, she wants me to become a chef."

"Speaking of jobs... What are you going to do about your job?" I asked with a twitch in my eye.

"I'm obviously going to quit," Hale brushed off.

"But what about money, can you afford to quit?"

"When my dad passed away he left quite a lot of money and my mum was supposed to get it but she gave it all to me, I'll be fine," he flashed me a heart warming smile, and I already knew my parents would like him straight away.

"How much... How much money?" I said.

"Just over twenty million," he replied with a shrug, trying to fix his tie.

"Then why did you not use it on the pack?"

"My father demanded for me to never use it for other people unless it was for my mother or my mate. He was a caring man."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here, let me do it," I walked over to him and began fixing his tie properly, "You don't have to quit if you don't want to."

My fingers lingered on his chest, and I could feel our electric current already sparkling.

"I want to," he whispered, sucking in a breath.

I couldn't breathe, and I was starting to become light headed. The room began spinning and all I could see were Hale's lips inching closer and closer to mine.

The doorbell rang, and I quickly jolted away, blushing immensely.

"I'll get it," I whispered.

"No, we'll both get it," Hale's husky voice whispered back and headed for the door.

Eventually, I came to my senses and tried to run to the door but my heels slowed me down and I fell to the floor.

I heard the door open, "Hello, Mr and Mrs Marshall."

"Hello...," my mother replied, "may I ask who you are?"

"Hale Evans, pleasure to meet you."

"And what are you doing at my daughters house?" My father now asked.

"I'm accompanying you for your meal tonight. Well, if that's ok with you. Dinner is set out for four..."

"You made dinner?" Mum asked.

"Myself and Georgia made it together, it's already getting cold because we're standing out here and not eating the food," I knew Hale was putting on his million dollar smile right now. Whilst I was lying on the floor.

"Speaking of Georgia, where is she?" God, it's like they're playing good cop bad cop.

"Um, I'm not sure. Georgia!" Hale called for me.

"Yeah?!" I shouted back, even though I was only in the dining room.

"What are you doing?"

"Lying on the floor..."

"Why?" Both of my parents posh British accents bellowed.

"I'm not the best person to walk in heels, you know?" I replied sarcastically, and Hale must've let my parents in as I saw him enter the room.

'You're so silly,' he said through our mind link.

'This is why I never dress up.'

He lifted me up and I placed my feet on the floor, just in time for my parents coming in.

"Georgia!" My mum shouted, running over to me, "you've changed so much my darling!"

"Hi mum," she engulfed me into a hug and my dad wrapped his arms around both of us. I looked at Hale and smiled at him apologetically.

He smiled back, and I could tell memories of spending time with his parents when they were together were coming back.

"Well, if you's have came to all of this just for us then let us eat!" Both of my parents let go of me and sat themselves on one side of the table, leaving the other seats for Hale and I.

"So," I placed my knife in fork down, glancing at Hale and telling him now was the time. We had all talked about school, my outfit, Hale's life, things he likes to do and the other things you talk about when your parents come for dinner when your mate is there too. Well, that doesn't happen so often; first time for me!

"Georgia and I... we have something to tell you," Hale said for me and I smiled at him.

"Mum, dad, Hale and I are-"

"-together!" Mum and dad shouted.

"What?" Hale and I said at the same time.

"It was kind of obvious by the way you two kept on staring at each other and secretly holding hands under the table. It wasn't that hard to figure out Georgia," my dad said, and I blushed.

"But Mr and Mrs Marshall, it's not a normal relationship. I have to tell you something, and it's a big secret. You have to promise to tell nobody. I mean nobody," Hale's voice began to get lower and lower, and I could tell that he probably had made my parents promise this already.

"Ok."

"Well, do you know what a wolf is?" My mind flashed back to when he told me that he was a shifter.

"Yes."

"I can turn into one of those. And... we're called shifters. They're just like werewolves, but we transform into actual wolves instead of a werewolf. And if you've ever read werewolf books-"

"You two are mated, aren't you?" My mum said, cutting Hale off, knowing that fact from the ten books I'd gave her to go on holiday with seven months ago.

"Yes. Mr Marshall, do you know what that means?"

"How can I not, Abby kept on talking about how two people had mated with the tattoo appearing and bite mark early on in the year when we'd gone to Cyprus."

"I enjoyed that book," my mum smiled, as if she accepted the fact that I was mated.

"Hold on...," my dad began, "you have a tattoo? And a bite mark?"

"It's compulsory, Sir. It happens to everyone. But the thing that confused me was that Georgia is human, she has to have a relative that was or is a shifter," Hale's face scrunched up, and I could tell he was looking for information.

"We do know a little about Georgia's great grandfather. We didn't want to tell you honey," I glared at her, "But my grandfather was a well known Alpha back in the early nineteen hundreds. I don't understand why everyone else is human and Georgia isn't?"

"It may be that she has just caught the gene from your grandfather and it's came down the Alpha Bloodline. It could be a sequence; every great grandchild receives the curse," Hale's eyes shone with pure happiness, glad that I was a shifter.

"I'm a shifter?!" I shouted. My dad looked like he didn't want to deal with me, my mother looked fascinated, and Hale looked shocked from my out break.

"You have to be, that's how we were able to mate."

"I'm a shifter," I repeated quieter this time.

'Are you okay?' Hale's voice filled my mind.

"That is so awesome!"