Chapter IV

"I'm so close to leveling up. Just 3 xp more." Hanate said. We were walking down the road heading deeper and deeper into dungeons. Each floor was called district and as it goes deeper, the monsters are stronger. Hanate kicked a rock on the ground.

"If we all attack it as a party the xp get's divided equally but the one who finished the final blow gets more. I'm going to beat you Hanate." Omar bet. I doubt Omar can past Hanate since Hanate is a much more of a skillful fighter, not saying that Omar is trash in a way.

"Pfft, Omar you can't even take out the other Ninja noob! It proves that you can't even beat me. Besides I'm a level higher than you." Hanate pushed Omar gently. "Yo, Isla and Zar, who would win in a battle, Me or this noob?"

Isla responded right away. "Before Omar can even blink I think Hanate has already won." Omar glared at Isla, feeling betrayed. Omar turned his attention to me, sure that I was going to support him. I didn't want to make Omar or Hanate feel bad at themselves.

"I seriously think I'm better. I can take both of you in a flash." I blurted out. What was I thinking! With both of them overpower me! I feel stupid. Isla looked at me, surprised. I turned away from her.

"Is that a challenge I hear?" Omar and Hanate walked closer.

"It's not what you think!" I take back. They both walked closer to me. They reached me. I squinted my eyes, bearing what is about to land on me. Instead, what I felt was a pat on my back. I was expecting a blow from both of them.

"Since when did you think you were better? I don't care to be honest. I haven't seen you fight yet. But I heard you kicked Hanate in the ass." Omar laughed at Hanate. I was lucky, Hanate could've beaten me but I cheated. I didn't want to tell Omar that I cheated.

Hanate and Omar were off arguing. I moved nearer to Isla. I stood next to her. My heart seemed to be beating faster, and I breathing at a faster pace. I didn't know what to say to her. It's been forever since I last privately talk with someone. A girl to be precise. What should I say? Isla was breathing through the coldness. District 6 was a tundra full of snow and mountains. We were here to hunt down snow trolls, they were tough but worth more money and xp. Isla rubbed her hands together and constantly searched for a monster nearby. She stopped looking. She breathe into her hands to warmed them up. From the side view she looks beautiful with her hair flowing with the wind blowing and the red cheeks of her makes her even cuter. Her white light armor was reflecting the sun resulting the armor to shine. I unequipped my Dual of Mid-Cloak and put it over Isla to wear.

"Here, you'll probably freeze yourself from standing there in that skin showing clothing." I said. Stupid me now freezing myself.

"It's just a game, I won't freeze to death." She laughed beautifully. "But thanks anyway."

"It might be a game to you, but I wouldn't want a teammate to die during a battle. Game or not, you're important." I told her honestly. Isla's expression changed into a sadden face.

"I lost my Dad and I've been living with my alcoholic mother. She drives me crazy but she's my mother." Isla sadly told me. "Here, we'll both be warm." She moved in towards me making contact with me. My heart pounded loudly, I'm sure she heard it too. I didn't know what or how to act. The scent she's giving off, it smells quite lovely. This smell, this scent, I know I smelt this before It has the smell of something I can't identify but something I would definitely love. It might be a game, but I feel close to her.

"I'm sorry. I-I lost my parents, too. I'm jealous you have a parent."

She smiled and change the subject. "Hey you know what? I think I-"

"Lover birds, we spotted a Level 11 Rare Winter Giant. Might have a rare item." Omar barged in from behind and splitted us two like a broken heart that's broke into two pieces.

"It's not what you think!" I shouted. Omar made the face are you sure..? "Anyway, what were you saying?" Isla for the first time blush and was flustered.

"Nothing. I'll tell you later." She laughed and ran to Hanate. Omar and I immediately rushed to the Winter Giant after Hanate and Isla.

We caught up to those two. They were catching their breathe. We hid somewhere behind a huge boulder and looked at the Winter Giant.

"Someone's already fighting it." Hanate said. "Should we go in and take the credit?" Hanate smirked. Omar eyes widen, agreeing with Hanate. "Wad'ya say leader?"

"We should stay put. It's not fair if we just go in and take the final blow when they are doing all the hard work." I refused.

"They?" Hanate wondered. I pointed to a tree near Winter Giant. Another person was climbing up that tree. A ninja. There were only two players fighting the Winter Giant, there's no way they'd win.

"Hmph. Let's see if those two weaklings can handle the boss." Hanate cruelly said.

"Hanate, you shouldn't say that, those two are the ones from yesterday. You know the ninja and the female knight with wings." Isla reminded Hanate. Hanate's eye widen, he felt as he needed to help the poor fellow.

"I'm going to help." Hanate changed plans. I wasn't sure if he wanted to help the girl or show off. Or is it that he wants to level up that badly?

"No let's just-" Hanate sent off flying like a jet at full nitro speed. I covered Isla's face with my cloak and left Omar and I coughing in the dust made by Hanate.

"Damn you, Zar." Omar coughed out. I chuckled. Isla thanked me and we all sprinted after Hanate the Show Off.

"Dual Blades!" I yelled out. The dual blades appeared in both of my hands.

"ArchAnge!" Isla yell afterwards. Her bow quickly faded in and slid into her hands.

"Shadow Daggers!" Omar yelled holding the last words for a few second. His daggers fell from the sky and he caught them. The three of us jumped forward ready to do a combination attack on Winter Giant. With one attack we will defeat him. "YAH!!!" We all screamed at Winter Giant. We ran and jump off a huge rock above the Rare Boss about to land on Winter Giant's back. I was holding one of the dual blades in front of me to stab and the other on top of my head pointing at Winter Giant. Isla loaded her bow with three charged up spell arrows and Omar made an X gesture with his dagger ready to slice. With one blow, he'll go down. With one shot we'll take him down. With one power combined, we'll be victorious. We are the Zixikon.