Prologue

"I always defended you. Now it's your turn and you will become stronger until the day we meet again. This I promise that we will meet again. I will wait for you under the Cherry Blossom Tree, Asuka," I cried out. Asuka burst out in tears first and slowly went into the backseat of their family car. She looked back at me and I caught a little glimpse of raindrop tear in her eyes. Krito punched me in the face right when Asuka turned her head the other direction of where the driver is looking at. Tears rushed out my eyes as I look to see that my only friend has moved away. Krito kept pulling my shirt and punching me in my face. Red dark blood started to come out of the marks where Krito has punched me. I didn't feel the pain, in fact I was lost and sad. Asuka, my best friend, my first love which she never knew about.

"She's gone now, you stupid dumb bag. You're going to pay for what you did." Krito said. Then he spitted on me. The rest of his crew joined in and kicked me on the floor. I couldn't do anything, so I just let them hit me like a punching bag. She is really going, I thought to myself. Like how I care, I didn't even bother to answer Krito's question. Krito and his crew were finally feeling tired and exhausted from hitting me. "Looks like the hero isn't a hero after all, right Zar?" Krito laughed and so did the rest. Krito was one of the biggest bully in our school. That selfish jerk, picked on Asuka, and I defended her. But I'm not defending myself today, because I now have nothing to live for. I closed my eyes as Krito and the rest walks away leaving me in the alley full of trash cans and rain pouring down.

"Dad. Mom. Where are you when I need you. Will I ever see her again?!" I screamed. It was hard to see with rain pouring down and blood on my face. I gather my strength to get up and picked up my backpack from the the side of the alley. The side of my hips hurts from all that kicking, but I tried to act tough in order to not caught any attention. I swung the backpack around my back and walked home.

"Did you get into a fight again?" My aunt ask as I came home and sat on the kitchen chair. "I told you not to get into a fight. Look what has happen to you." Aunt Lu open a drawer and got out an aid kit. She noticed I seem rather quiet and not talkative like every other day. She grew curious, "Zar, what is going on? Communicate with me so I can help you. I'm here to help you." She insisted. She finished putting band aid over my right eyebrow.

"It's nothing. Just tripped when the rain came." I lied. She looked at me and knew that the tone of my voice was as dead as the day my parents has left me. I started to cry, but I wiped it away. Eventually, I told Aunt Lu the truth. "Asuka moved away. She said to never call, or text, or contact her again." Aunt Lu seem to understand.

"It's okay, Zar. You'll find some new friends in high school one day. There's also many fishes in the pond you'll find. I know you had feelings for Asuka but it seems that she doesn't noticed." Aunt Lu went on how I should move on. As days pass, my memories of her faded away, but I never forget the smile she always put on even when she was bullied. I remember the time we walk down that path of the forest we use to go explore. Such moments that only lasted a second. I'll wait for you, Asuka, until the day you come back.